What's new

Beard lines, goatee shaping with SR1 and feather ac

Hello,

I now upgraded my cheap shavette with 1 parker SR1 + 1 non folding feather ac ss. I have sample DE and feather/KAI blades.

Part of it will be due to my shaving skills (beginner), part the differences in razor+blades. So I will share here in this thread.

I want to use them for beard lines and goatie shaving, not for full shaving.

I started using the parker with shark blades. Pretty good, still had to be careful how to handle it for the goatee shaping.

Then I tried the feather ac ss, and it's really pleasant to use and better to see what I am doing. Also I can use the tip of the blade more safely.

I used the pro light, pro guard and titan mild. The pro light are doing a fine job but really excel for body shaving. For the beard, the titan mild seems the best of the 3 used.

I really like Derby blades in the shavettes that take DE/Hlaf DE blades. I can't find any blades for the Feather system/style shavettes that really like my skin, sadly enough. :(

I think I also have derby in the sample pack. For the feather, maybe over time it will feel better on your skin. Maybe an angle or pressure adjustment?

I think I also have derby in the sample pack. For the feather, maybe over time it will feel better on your skin. Maybe an angle or pressure adjustment?

I found that the Titan Milds treat me nice, after 3 or 4 shaves on the blade, but the first 2 or 3 are just as rough as any of the other Feather system brands. The Korean Dorco's are close to adequate out of the gate for me. I only have the CJB that takes the feather blades, so I don't have enough invested into razors that use the blades to stress out about them not really working well for me. lol

I keep a styled goatee and chinstraps. My advice would be practice shaving your whole face with the shavette as it will increase your stability and control of the razor. This will help you keep your shaping symmetric and precise.

And congrats on the new razors.

Today I went back to try the parker SR1, I used astra blades. They shave well.

Just I seem to cut myself more easily than with the feather. Got 3 places with small cuts. Also there is a mild burning feeling on the skin.

With the feather ac ss, no irritation and shaved closer. So definitely better with the feather ac.

Top Bottom