What's new

Hats

A formal hat doesn't suit my wardrobe. I do, however, try to protect my shaved scalp from potential skin cancer. I normally ware various versions of Kangol’s 504. I like Plaid Flexfit for summer and wool for winter.

proxy.php

proxy.php

A formal hat doesn't suit my wardrobe. I do, however, try to protect my shaved scalp from potential skin cancer. I normally ware various versions of Kangol’s 504. I like Plaid Flexfit for summer and wool for winter.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Nice hats my good-fellow, love them! :thumbup:

I wear hats as a matter of practically. Keeps off the sun and drizzle. In cooler weather I opt for a decades old cowboy hat. In warmer weather I go for straw. In very old weather an insulated cap or watch cap. And on job sites, it's a hard hat. I also have a couple of fedoras for wear with a suit and tie, and a "dressy" straw hat for where the regular straw hats don't cut it.

Thanks. Practically speaking, the bowler doesn't really cut it as an everyday hat for me, but I think I pull off a flat well enough. :lol:

I'd be interested in hearing how that navy & brown Goorin turns out. Hard to judge the color online, since they have at least one other hat marked as "navy" which looks like a completely different color. That or the grey & brown Bailey Port flat caught my eye as potential pick-ups.

I just started wearing a hat out anytime I leave the house. I've always had several hats, but didn't wear them nearly as often as I should. Couple weeks back I bumped into a wool felt wide brimmed fedora at JP Pennys (yeah, I know, it's a cheapie, but all things start somewhere). I already had a straw and a black leather cowboy hat, a fashion trilby with a skull and crossbones on it, so I added the fedora, which is getting almost daily wear. Then I bumped into a discount price Stetson trilby (also at JC Pennys), and now the addiction is complete. lol I'm happy to join the daily hat wearing crowd!

mainly a cap wearer, ball caps in summer, flat caps in winter (looking for a new one). Years ago I was a real hat wearer, but not anymore.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I wear my hair short (#3 on top) and live in Texas. I think this year needs to be the year I become a hat guy. I have a straw Stetson (as well as a beaver) in the closet, but a cowboy hat isn't very flexible. I am thinking of getting a Panama this year, and a Tilley to wear on top of my UnderArmour skull cap for yard work. Oh, and good job on the cravat- you pull it off.

Perfect time for this thread. A well-fitted hat is an excellent accouterment, one of the few accessories available to men.

I have one fedora, one newsboy, and one an ascot ,sometimes called an ivy league style cap. I wear the brown tweed newsboy at work while I write code - turned backwards with head phones. In the TV show Eureka, Henry the car mechanic wears a newsboy that way and it looks so techie and artsy.

Currently I am looking for several more fedoras in the classic wide brim style including c-crowns, crease, homburgs, ans others. No trilbys or other stingy brims. It just does not work with my face (round) and age (mature). And for fun and outdoor work, I am looking for a wool "fildder's cap".

I was inspired some years ago when I noticed some Orthodox young men in black trench coats with black fedoras. They looked so sharp you could cut yourself.

Really fine used hats are about $150 and up, not bad for a beautiful fashion accessory. I am starting more modestly, going for '50s and early '60 hast in grey and black, $20 to $60

Baseball caps? I like souvenirs espescially train themed and occasionally I wear them. Also a super-floppy gardening hat while working in the sun.

Anyone who knows of felt fedoras in 7 3/8 is welcome to contact me.

Had to start wearing a hat a few years ago due to an unblinking eye, must shade it, protect it from the sun. So far stuck with baseball style (minus any logos) billed caps, not sure what else may work well for me but would like to expand my options.

For winter's bitter cold the one hat garnering all the compliments from the fairer gender is a rabbit fur trappers hat, must be the fur.
dave

I mainly wear Tilley's. I also have Borsalino and Worth and Worth Fedoras. Then baseball caps. I'm usually never outside without a hat on.