What's new

Hats

There's a really only two things that matter when it comes to hats and other clothes: do you feel comfortable wearing it and does it become you? The second criteria may not even be important to a person.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I was trying to wait for Hills Hats to open Wellington Hatters next to their factory but the weather turned nasty and I need a winter hat now.
So I flicked them a e-mail, still no opening date but they said I could just call into the factory for a hat.
They have a small selection of hats in the shop front but it looked like they were in the process of closing it down. No worries they walked be into the actual factory where they had racks of hats to select what I wanted.
They gave me a small discount so I am now the owner of my first caddy cap. 100% English Tweed, lined and made in New Zealand. I go past this place every day so will be back for more hats later.

Excuse the poor quality photo and my ugly mug but this is the hat on head.

$hat.png

$caddy cap1.png

Last edited:
JJHATCENTER.COM has a 25% Off Sale on All Hats , Code : JUNE , at checkout . Good until 6/19

Here's a Fairly New One for me , a Stetson Premier Stratoliner in Cornhill ...

$FullSizeRender.jpg

Only had it a month , or so , I think . Really Soft , No Quality Issues at all .

I've got a Few Hats , and a Few more on the Way , but I've been wearing an Akubra Campdraft in Taupe (they come big and shrink to size) and I'm Really Loving the Campdraft . Its an Imperial Quality , not Deluxe or Heritage ; I've heard they were stiff as cardboard . But for the money , they're tough to beat . Looking for a Straw , thinking of a Hemp from Peters Brothers , but I may just get a Sunbody Palm , or a Twister Western .

Just heard from the two Custom Beaver , its about to be my turn to begin in a week and a half , or two . Checking on the color , making sure I wanted two still . Great guy ! He was about to place an order , so just incase I wanted a different color , he would get it .

Ad Astra

The Instigator
A real "yes, sir" hat!

I just like milspec boonies. Soak in bug spray or water repellent, crush, lose without great loss.

Many colors.

AA

Always hatted. We need to re-hat America! Men and women.

I dont know if you can get palm leaf hats in a short brim. They are great hats but beware they are warmer than straw.

Last edited:
I wear my carhartt ball cap a lot of the time, when I'm not in uniform, and my hair isn't slicked. It's got some miles on it for being 6 months old, I wear it while I work on cars, or when I'm out and about, driving, or wearing jeans or double-knees, and flannel or a t-shirt.
proxy.php
it's grease-stained, ugly, faded, and broken in just right.

I got several New Hats in the last few months , here's one a Stetson Royal Open Road in Caribou ...

$FullSizeRender-18.jpg$FullSizeRender-16.jpg

Got another Royal OR in Silver Belly , plus a 100% Beaver Custom by Gannon Hat Company in Portland ...

$icm_fullxfull.92252606_q5t9dqp81sg84swoo4o0.jpg

Natural with a Tan Frayed 7/8" Ribbon , and 5/8" Trim I think . A few more , but I'll spare you .