What's new

Hats

$858312_4809813761475_1177395344_o.jpg$11717580_10205552650353853_2705386151763893763_o.jpg

Ooh, just noticed I'm wearing my cravat too!

My hairstyle (or better put, lack thereof) dictates that I need to cover my head against sun in summer and against the cold in winter. Accordingly, I have quite a few hats- both straw and felt depending upon the season. A couple of my favourites are a Stetson Mercer in Walnut and a Bates Bowler in Brown.

I wear a Stetson panama in nice weather if I will be in the sun a great deal. I wear an Akubra federation or CEO when rain is anticipated depending on what I'm wearing color wise. I look best in the cruiser grey CEO. I need a bit of crown taper to look like the hat is not wearing me.

I do not wear a hat without a weather-related reason. I am not interested in being the "hat guy" at work.

I'm bald and have a 7 3/4 melon to boot. I wear a hat pretty much all the time. From stocking caps, to ball caps, fedoras, flat-caps, to western hats, my head is covered most of the time. In my case, I have to try them on as they are not all cut or sized remotely the same. There are really no wrong answers. If it feels good, wear it.

I enjoy wearing my fedora when the weather is sufficiently cool and calm.

In the winter I mostly wear a wool drivers/flat cap. Sometimes the ushanka.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I wear a ball cap most of the time. When I dress up I have a Stetson Fur Felt Fedora, or a Stetson Beaver Cowboy Hat for cool weather. For warm weather I usually wear a straw cowboy hat for dress. As a few people said above, my hair style prevents me from going out in the sun without a hat.

Getting a little rough around the edges, but still working and looking just fine. One last time before I put it away for winter:)
proxy.php

Hi,

I most always wear a hat of some sort. Straws, Panamas, and when it gets cooler Nutria and Beaver fur felts, mostly Fedoras. I have dozens which are my own, some vintage, some modern hand made.

In 2008 and 2009, I had a hat shop in town. It never built enough business to continue it, so I closed it down. I still have a couple hundred modern mfg hats left in storage, along with all sorts of hat bits and tools. I ought to dig it all out and get rid of it all.

Well, except the bits I need to wrench on my own hats, of course. Heck, that was where I started back in the 1970s. ;)

Stan

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Nice hats, fellas!!

I like how you have a really "nice" hat for special occasions (second from the right, top) and right below it is a hat that is obviously for doing dirty chores &c. A hat for all occasions!

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I'm thinking that if I laid all of my hats out for a picture, I'd have to stand back about 20-30 feet to get them all in. I just came across a bag of about 20 ball caps I had totally forgotten about. I'm wearing a Macallan cap I didn't even know I had.

Hi,

All my hats are in boxes on shelves. Nothing much to see there. I think I have some shots taken in my studio, using a hat tree. The main photo processing system is stand-alone and not connected, but I can sneaker-net some over to a general purpose machine. Tomorrow, maybe. I think I also have shots of the now-defunct hat shop, too. If anyone is interested (this not being a hat chat site).

Stan