What's new

Hats

I picked up a flatcap from Goorin Brothers a year or two ago for the winter (the "Ski Cabin", if I remember correctly). I almost never wear a hat in the summer, and if then, it's a ballcap. I'd like to pick up a straw hat or some other kind of trail hat for sitting out in the sun, but don't presently have one.

I have currently a Mark Ecko cut and sew stingy, fits extremely comfortably and I love it. But I still cannot wait until I can get this bad boy http://www.hatsinthebelfry.com/product/borsalino-verde-111147.html

I fell in love with hats with my Mark Ecko, so I'm a hat man now and plan on delving further into more stylish trends...but I DO plan on making them my own style. I am fairly inspired but not strictly to the character Daisuke Jigen I'm a kid at heart and love to put pieces of things I love into things.

strop

Now half as wise
Both of those (the Borsalino and the Christy's) look nice. That's a pretty good sale price on the Borsalino.

Other than my Homberg, I find myself preferring raw edges over bound edges.

I currently have about a dozen felt & straw fedoras that I cycle through throughout the year. Tomorrow is National felt hat day &I plan on wearing my Optimo Bottle green fedora with brown ribbon.

It's gonna be mid eighties here tomorrow, even though it's past labor day, it's going to be a panama hat day for me.

strop

Now half as wise
It's gonna be mid eightshere tomorrow, even though it's past labor day, it's going to be a panama hat day for me.

I do much the same. Sunny and temps to 70, I still wear the straw. I have a dark colored one tha I got from Goorin Bros that is perfect for those in between fall days.

There's a degree of flexibility to my hat preferences, though a bit of sunshine sees my panama hit the head.

Nice to see some very stylish fellows on both sides of the pond and beyond!

I use a panama or ball cap most of the time. I just got the panama and my wife and daughter think I look great in it (must keep the girls happy). As I am starting to thin out on top a hat is mandatory.

$IMG_0922.jpg$IMAG0386.jpg$IMAG0833_1.jpgYou all are not attaching any photos.

I wear mostly fedora's these days. Mostly Stetsons. I have a Straw, a Frederick, a Whippet, a Temple, a vintage Selv-edge and a vintage Homburg. Was just today gifted a vintage Dobbs Twenty.

Sorry but I just cant wear a hat. At 6' 6'' and 17st they just don't suit me. I've tried dozens over the years but have decided to just stay with showing my flowing locks off.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Sorry but I just cant wear a hat. At 6' 6'' and 17st they just don't suit me. I've tried dozens over the years but have decided to just stay with showing my flowing locks off.

Just wear what Shaq wears!

proxy.php

... um ...

proxy.php

... well ...

proxy.php

... er ...

proxy.php

... weeeeeell ...

proxy.php

... maybe not.

Fedora for many many years now...

It all started during a business trip in Germany and while picking out souvenirs for the family, I decided to get something for myself and somehow, the hats sitting on a table at this small store in this tiny village that I was in, just called to me.

It somehow just made sense... it was stylish, mature, would keep the rain, snow from my head, especially when I wear my glasses.

That poor hat is now in pretty bad shape and finding replacement is hell as there's virtually no good hat stores where I am where they'd have a good selection or anything. I did find a decent replacement but my head grew a bit, enough that it was getting hard to wear it.

Then I finally found a excellent hat a couple of years ago, of all things, it's an official "Indiana Jones" movie one (but black), so it's actually funny.

One thing, I'll never get anything but a high quality fur felt... everything else feels so cheap, and I prefer a wide brim as for me, it's as much as being functional as how it looks.