What's new

Hats

Will post a pic soon.

Heirloom Silver Belly Triby with Dark Charcoal Ribbon from Optimo Hats of Chicago

$Optimo 5.jpg

$Optimo 6a.jpg

$Optimo 3a.jpg

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
That's quite the store Chris, i know of nothing similar in this little corner of the world however if you want a baseball cap, you're in luck.

dave

I found this short video of theirs, for the opening of the new shop. They have some interesting hats.
The ones made from old coffee bean sacks look different.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes I'll wear flat caps. I own a fedora, but being a younger guy, I'm nervous about wearing it and being "THAT guy."

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Sometimes I'll wear flat caps. I own a fedora, but being a younger guy, I'm nervous about wearing it and being "THAT guy."
Just wear it with confidence, and don't worry what others think. People, especially of the female variety, like cinfident people.

Just wear it with confidence, and don't worry what others think. People, especially of the female variety, like cinfident people.

I second that sentiment , you would be surprised at those who dig it . Its like anything else , if they don't , they don't , no loss . But the confidence factor shows , no matter what it is , if there's a chink in your armor there's always that prince of a guy that will exploit it to make himself feel better . You're you , not them , just laugh and don't let it bother you , then they'll move on to the next victim . Maybe its my age , but I don't care if they like it or not if I do . But I'm sure not giving them the satisfaction of knowing that got to me if I can help it .

I wear a Hat everyday , and have since I saw little , except in the brief puffy hair days if I was out chick hunting , otherwise I still wore them . Just today a guy I went to HS with and hadn't seen in a while came up (he's a cop) and hit my hat in the back to try to knock it off (uncool), but was unsuccessful . I knew he was just trying to be funny . We were friends , and I still consider him one . I think his wife is ugly , but I wouldn't tell him . He's always been a little uptight , I guess that's why he chose to be a cop . I still like the guy .

Another guy I really haven't seen in a while came in with his family and said Man its been a while , Nice Hat ! He farms and I'm sure when I used to be around him I was wearing a Cap , not a Hat . He looked like he really liked it . But I wasn't concerned either way . Women are the same way . Opinions are like ... Opinions , Everyone has One .

As we're all gentlemen appreciative of the finer things in life, I wonder how many are still staunch hat wearers?

I'd never be seen out without my hat, whether one of my fedoras, or in summer, a light and airy panama.

Anyone else share the passion?

By the way, if you're in the UK and in the market, J&P hats in Stoke on Trent have Christy fedoras for £30, rather than the £105 they normally retail at!

Carl

I wouldn't call myself a "Staunch" hat wearer, but I am often wearing a Filson tin cloth packer hat that I have had since the early 80s when these hats were top quality.

In the fall/spring time I like to wear a wool newsboy cap. I got one I picked up in kohls. But it's not quite the style that I want. I'm looking for one with a long bill like what a modern young man or hip hop artist would wear, and warm wool.

Not sure if there's a term for this style of hat, but it's different from the Kangol style or the Peaky Blinders style.

Anyone know where to look for this style of hat?

In the fall/spring time I like to wear a wool newsboy cap. I got one I picked up in kohls. But it's not quite the style that I want. I'm looking for one with a long bill like what a modern young man or hip hop artist would wear, and warm wool.

Not sure if there's a term for this style of hat, but it's different from the Kangol style or the Peaky Blinders style.

Anyone know where to look for this style of hat?

The style I'm looking for is somewhat like this:
$7a9791752aff271c52d6636801d9ebbc.jpg

or

$08cd4e1494c69b65dc4f8e6cda3cee6a.jpg

I typically wear I think they're called "cubano" style, but I'm wanting to branch out into wider brims like fedoras. Just haven't narrowed down my search to Figure out what brand is decent.

-Jordan