What's new

October Mess Hall Group Cookout-Theme: Taco's

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Mess Hall Group Cookout

Everyone likes a cookout. So that's what we're doing. It will be a lot of fun and this includes you. The idea of the cookout is very simple. We plan on having a monthly cookout with a theme where everyone is cooking the same thing. Any and all members are welcomed to join. The cookout dates will be posted so you will have plenty of time to gather your ideas and ingredients. A “theme” of what’s to be cooked will also be posted. Each participating member will cook from their own home using any method they see fit, (including inside ovens and stove-tops) but staying within the theme for that week. Posting time will be from Monday through Sunday, so you have a whole week to help you prepare and post. Of course all your efforts will have to be documented with pictures of at least the final product along with a short tutorial.

The real fun will be getting to see what other fellow members come up with across the world. Come on out and join us. You have to eat, so you might as well show us how you cook.

If you want to play just post the words, I’m Cookin’!!!

The first cookout dates are: Monday Oct. 5[SUP]th[/SUP] to Sunday Oct. 11th (post anytime between these dates)

The theme is: Taco’s

-this thread is inspired by Nagging Brucered

Last edited:
It's tacos for goodness sake, of course I’m Cookin’!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I'm cooking!!!- now I just have to think of what type of tacos to do, along with sides. I see two different meats in my future.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Hey Aaron, are soft tacos acceptable? I feel comfortable making flour tortillas from hand. If they must be crunchy they will probably be store bought shells.

on edit: I will not be making flower tortillas- flour is a much better choice :biggrin:

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Hey Aaron, are soft tacos acceptable? I feel comfortable making flower tortillas from hand. If they must be crunchy they will probably be store bought shells.

You bet. Soft, crunchy or even tacos made with lettuce. Anything goes.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Time for me to hit up El Izalco here in Winnipeg....to see how I can elevate our tacos.

I'm thinking triples tacos, DIY taco bar with Chicken, Sausage and Beef. Lots of time to plan and see what the family wants.

My wife always stops and asks me what I want, but I've never been.

http://ethnicdelight.blogspot.ca/2012/10/el-izalco.html?m=1

See, if you look around hard enough you may just find a taco in the rough.

There is a guy named Taco???

His name is Taquito.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Good man. thanks for joining. Have fun.
Will do. Thanks!

Tacos were one of the "crowd pleaser" meals in my home when I was young. It was a nice food for my parents to make because it is relatively straight forward to cook and prepare, and my sister and I could customize each taco, so that each of our contrary food preferences could be satisfied.

I'm cooking! Tacos are the best. I'm thinking fish tacos...there is a place here in town that has the best fish tacos I've ever had. I want to try to replicate those to some extent.
Might just have tacos the whole week. That's not that weird.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
definitely in

Thanks Steve. Look up carne asada for recipes.

I'm cooking! Tacos are the best. I'm thinking fish tacos...there is a place here in town that has the best fish tacos I've ever had. I want to try to replicate those to some extent.
Might just have tacos the whole week. That's not that weird.

Its not weird to eat tacos for a week. It's weird to eat Brussel sprouts for a week.

Glad you're in Otto....have fun.

great idea, the fatty club set the bar high..........

I'm Cooking!!!

Oh, you decided to show up? Thanks for applying to the taco factory.

....now if we could get Mike (simon1) to jump in we'll have a party.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Oh, you decided to show up? Thanks for applying to the taco factory.

....now if we could get Mike (simon1) to jump in we'll have a party.

Just try and keep me away. Now what's a Taco?

Don't worry about Mike I'm sure he will be making a killer Tofu Taco for his entry.........:whistling:

Last edited:
Top Bottom