What's new

Lunar Eclipse this month 9/27/15

Mike H

Instagram Famous
A total lunar eclipse will take place on September 27, 2015. It is the latter of two total lunar eclipses in 2015, and the final in a tetrad (four total lunar eclipses in series).

http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/lunar/2015-september-28

proxy.php

Last edited:

Mike H

Instagram Famous
1 Week away!

http://www.space.com/30592-supermoon-lunar-eclipse-one-week-away.html?ref=yfp

With the huge supermoon lunar eclipse just one week away, it's time to dust off your small telescopes and binoculars, track down an observatory event or webcast, or draft your invitations for a moon-cake party. Don't wait too long — if you miss it, the next one isn't until 2033.
The supermoon lunar eclipse of 2015 will occur Sunday, Sept. 27, and is a confluence of three events : a full moon; a lunar eclipse, in which the Earth blocks the sun's light from hitting the moon; and lunar perigee, when the moon is in the closest part of its orbit to Earth. The last time such a confluence happened was in 1982; there were just five instances of it in the 20th century. This time around, viewers looking from the Americas, Europe, Africa, western Asia and the eastern Pacific Ocean will have a chance to see the show. [Video: Rare Super 'Blood Moon' Lunar Eclipse Coming, Last Until 2033]

I'm a little confused. Are they saying the next Lunar Eclipse will be in 2033, or the next time a Lunar Eclipse like this one, will be 2033? Either way, my 5 year old will be 23 the next time it happens! I'm working on getting him excited. :thumbup1:

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I'm a little confused. Are they saying the next Lunar Eclipse will be in 2033, or the next time a Lunar Eclipse like this one, will be 2033? Either way, my 5 year old will be 23 the next time it happens! I'm working on getting him excited. :thumbup1:

Next lunar eclipse like this one, will be in 2033. Last one was in 1982.

Cool, hope I remember as well. I saw the last eclipse, but not much of it, cause it was very early in the morning.

I am a volunteer with our local astronomy society and we are planning an event for the public to view through telescopes.

If you want to see it through a telescope, contact your local astronomy club and see if they are having an event.

A lot of the clouds from that system hitting Ed are settled in here several hundred miles north, and I'm really hoping they clear out by tomorrow night. Total Eclipse. Super Moon. Blood Moon.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I have my sacrifice to the moon god pretty much set for 9PM, but I could still use an extra chicken and a goat.

Top Bottom