What's new

Arko stick

Yesterday I went to a Turkish store here in my area and when I went to check out I saw an Arko stick. I decided to buy one, I chalked it down in a plastic container and today I will shave with it. I love the scent so much, it reminds me of a soap my grandmother used to have in her shower. Can't wait to shave with it. I will report back later.

For some strange reason Palmolive stick reminds me of my Oma and Opa's bathroom, but I have no recollection of either of them having stick in the bathroom. All this to say I know what's it lime to be reminded of someone special via a scent. It's a great feeling.

Euro, glad that you found Arko - it's a terrific performing soap. Wet the tip of the stick, rub it well into your beard and lather with a brush, dipping the brush tips in water a few times to add water to the lather.

I'm always amazed at how powerful old scents are for us. One of my grandfather smoked pipes and cigars and although I've smoked neither, occasionally I'll catch a whiff of someone smoking and it takes me right back 40 years.

Arko makes a great lather - the fragrance is polarising, people seem to love it or hate it but it does fade over time so is less intense towards the end of the stick.

Enjoy
Cheers
Steve

Whoa like everybody said! I was very amazed by the lather, it produces a nice and thick lather. I really like this product, I have no regrets I bought it. I bought the stick for 75 cents I never expected this product to be that great especially for the 75 cents. I wish I used before because I already knew about Arko but I never grabbed my attention. To be honest with you guys I thought that this wasn't a good soap I have seen it on the shelf's as far as I can remember.

I mashed my stick into a small container. I bet this stick will last for a atleast 6 months.

I wonder if the canned Arko stuff is great as the stick or not?

There are very few here who will say that Arko doesn't perform well but there are many who don't abide by the scent. You are in the lucky group who like the scent and are able to enjoy one of shaving's great values. Seeing as the soap lathers so quickly and easily I don't know why you would want to try Arko-in-a-can... I have never seen it on the shelves.

It reminds me of Ivory soap.

Heh... I have read many that say that same thing... which confuses me, since Ivory at no point in it's history as a soap used any citrus/lemon scent in it's formula to the best of the info I've been able to find. lol

Arko is definitely a solid and inexpensive soap. The scent can even grow on you if you initially don't like it much, or at all.

Arko is definitely underpriced, they are demping the market... I would suggest advanced and modern pricing scheme:

upto 5 euros - soaps make no lather;
utpo 10 euros - daily shavers, everything is right here;
utpo 15 euros - shaves good, smells bad;
above 15 euros - soaps make no lather.

Heh... I have read many that say that same thing... which confuses me, since Ivory at no point in it's history as a soap used any citrus/lemon scent in it's formula to the best of the info I've been able to find. lol

Arko is definitely a solid and inexpensive soap. The scent can even grow on you if you initially don't like it much, or at all.

It does have a heavy, lemony, industrial scent when first opened. I leave it open for a while, after a week or so all that is left is a strong soap smell (Ivory). Reminds me of the liquid hand soap of my youth.

It does have a heavy, lemony, industrial scent when first opened. I leave it open for a while, after a week or so all that is left is a strong soap smell (Ivory). Reminds me of the liquid hand soap of my youth.

My grandma used it almost exclusively in the house I grew up in, and I can't recall it ever having a lemony smell. I'm going to have to go buy a bar of it now just to see if it smells the same as I recall or not. lol

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I used Arko today. Other than a few samples I carry, Arko is my exclusive travel soap. I love it. The smell takes me back to my childhood with those huge bars of Ivory soap in the bathtub.

I also started my Arko journey bowl lathering. I bought the Arko Tub first as a travel soap way back when I first started. Then I bought a box of sticks, and used a pen knife to whittle a few chunks into a bowl. Then I saw Mantic's video on how to face lather with a stick. Boy that changed things a lot. The real Arko experience is to rub it on your face and just lather it right there. It is an awesome feeling. And it make a ton of lather that way. Plus its quicker with less mess, which is good for traveling. So i urge you to back to the store and drop another 75 cents and try to use it as a stick. You will love it. I was shocked the first time I did! Enjoy.

For some strange reason Palmolive stick reminds me of my Oma and Opa's bathroom, but I have no recollection of either of them having stick in the bathroom. All this to say I know what's it lime to be reminded of someone special via a scent. It's a great feeling.

Yeah Palmolive and Hattric always remind me on ny childhood.

The Palmolive Stick Scent is pretty close to The Palmolive Classic Bodysoap Bar(quite a good Soap for 50 €cents. I like that scent a lot. Its a pitty they dont have a splash with a similar scent.

Note to myself: This is an Arco Thread....gotta get some... ;-)

Last edited:
Yeah Palmolive and Hattric always remind me on ny childhood.

The Palmolive Stick Scent is pretty close to The Palmolive Classic Bodysoap Bar(quite a good Soap for 50 €cents. I like that scent a lot. Its a pitty they dont have a splash with a similar scent.

Note to myself: This is an Arco Thread....gotta get some... ;-)

got my firat arko now.
outstanding Lather. but the Scent is..... well....polarizing at best.

i dont say i dont like it but it may happen that some people dont like you after shaving with that stuff....

Top Bottom