What's new

Favorite Pen

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
My collection is quite small - 5 Pelikans and a couple of Parkers - but every day I find I'm using the same pen: Ruby Red M600, nib by Pendleton Brown, iroshizuku yama-budo ink.

I love everything about the pen and I love this ink - and I even like the color of the ink against the color of the pen.

Does anyone else have a definite favorite pen? I'm afraid the ink is going to dry in my other pens (or at least they will develop a complex). Is this a passing fancy?

My Lamy 2000, with a medium Pendleton Brown nib, is my most used pen. It does everything well.

My Parker 51s are my go to pens for note taking during long, info / task filled, meetings.

Hall passes are done with a Sheaffer Touchdown. Its smooth bold nib can't be beat for hall passes.

My Twisbi 580-AL, wet Pendleton Brown fine point nib, is always inked. It, like the Lamy 2000, is a great all-purpose pen that is either on my desk or in my pocket. - These two are my all time favorites at the present time.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I've only been using fountain pens for a little under 6 months, but I've found that what I consider to be my favorite pen changes depending on the task at hand. I have a few that are my "go to" pens, but I've acquired at least a couple of pens per month since starting, so my "go to's" have evolved.

If I had to choose, I'd say that my Pilot Custom Heritage 92 (med) is my favorite.

I have a lamy safari, shaeffer 440,twsbi, various hero's, camlin and my most recent..a preppy .02.

I have no issues with cracks thus far and the EF Japanese nib is just right for me and for a $5 pen it has a double cap that prevents it from drying. I have read reports of them being put aside for a year and then write just fine on the first try.
I have been using mine for two months now, the other pens are feeling lonely.

Mine is a Pelikan Souverän M805 Stresemann "M." I love everything about this pen. It's look is the epitome of classy and it writes darn well to boot. every ink I have tried in it has performed well but because of its color I am particularly fond of inking it with Diamine Grey.

Can't pick just one!
Love my Sailor 1911 with an EF nib for keeping notes.
Pelikan 400 Tortoise with vintage om nib is favorite for taking notes during lectures. Smooth buttery nib that writes with character.

Keeps changing for me. Currently it is my red Parker sonnet with medium gold nib. Love the way it lays down ink!

My Sheaffer Connaisseur is my favorite. My Sheaffer Le Black in F in #2. My Pilot Metro's in medium are #3A & 3B. My Parker 75 my least favorite. Probably because the MP is to broad. If I ever get around to it I'll have it ground down to a F/EF nib.

My collection is, let's say, rather larger than five pens (good heavens, how did I get so many? :scared:) which makes it hard to speak of a single favorite pen. In fact, I enjoy the variety. But chances are that at any given time, one of my inked pens will come from the following group: Pilot Vanishing Point, Pilot Custom Heritage 92, Pilot Custom Heritage 91, Namiki Falcon, Montblanc Noblesse, or Lamy 2000. Right now it's the CH 92. Other pens get rotated in, but less often.

Favorite vintage pen (not counting the late 1970s Noblesse as vintage) is probably my Sheaffer's 3-25 Flat Top. Really lovely to write with, very reliable, but somehow not an everyday carry.

My favorite pen is the Esterbrook family of pens, I also enjoy Waterman and Sheaffer. It would be difficult to single out one pen.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
All of 'em!

proxy.php

I wouldn't call it my "favorite" but I pretty much only use my Pilot Cavalier. Need to find something better than it or my Prera, but no decent stationary stores in the small town I live in and would prefer not to order sight unseen.

Let's call it most cherished. My Pilot VP in F with Sailor Jentle Blue/Black. My daughter gave it to me as a Christmas gift after she graduated from college and had her first "big girl" job.

Changes weekly, at this point I like everything in my small rotation! (Have PIFd the ones I did not really like.)

Top Bottom