What's new

Any soaps you won't buy again?

Recently tried a soap I had gotten in a pack of 100 blades, GBS was the name on it. Worst soap ever. I was able to build up a good lather with it, but within a minute that lather had flattened out to the point of uselessness.

The Proraso line is dependable, inexpensive, and effective. Not everything has to be highest end. The Red, Green, and White will always be part of my rotation, even in the presence of their more well-heeled brethren.
I am essentially a Williams, Arko, & Palmolive stick user but I usually have a tub of Proraso green around just for the menthol. I have little experience with artisanal soaps but its been mixed. I was sucked into buying a glycerine puck of Mama Bear's Old Spice scented soap. It was, to say the least, a poor performer.

Nearly anything glycerine-based. Maybe it's my water, but I just can't get it to work...and why try so hard, when there are so many that do?

Never again:
Kell's Original (reaction)
CRSW (poor lather)
EvaNesterova (Etsy)
CFG Sherlock (awesome lather, terrible scent)

Williams. Works okay, smells awful.

Herban Cowboy Dusk. I did not know non-lathering soap was a thing. Apparently it is. It also smells like grandma's boudoir.

i do not like to disparage any traditional wet shaving company. BUT, I will not buy any Badger soap again. YMMV.

Parker sandalwood. It smells nice, I like Sandalwood but slickness and cushion is pretty average. What I don't like is it stings my skin on my 3rd pass, but to be fair, I do take my time when shaving.

1. anything from Lush

2. VDH Deluxe I've been using it exclusively for over 5 years I just want to try every other soap.

Too many to name, or remember. But I've found a few I really love and will always keep in my den, and that is pleasing: the search is suspended.

RR soaps that I currently have in my den like XXX, Amici, P.160 etc. After trying other artisanal soaps, these were just mediocre and they seem to run out quicker.

Top Bottom