What's new

Am I the only one?

That pretends they are making are instructional shaving video every time they shave? I mean I don't actually verbalize the words I am thinking while I shave, but I do think them damn near every time.

I don't about the instructional video but I will make mental note of the SOTD and the experience. If I am trying something new or something recommended by another, I suppose I spend some time focused on what I think about that particular point of the shave.
Normally I "wake up" in the shower and my shaving time is when I do my "creative" thinking or planning for work. If I have particularly difficult issue to resolve, I often have my best ideas pop into my mind right after my shower or in the middle of a shave.

Lol right now I am still replaying the instructional videos in my head. Right now I have no hope of making one.

Very funny! I do it, too. When I was little, I would do the play-by-play of my World Series winning home runs in the back yard. Now instead of pretending to be the next Babe Ruth/Mickey Mantle, I think I'm the next PaulH/Nickshaves.

I must be getting old, I think about what brush or razor to use an occasional ahhh that feels good, but mostly I think about, in part, yesterdays events or what I'm going to do today. But then there's that occasional ouch that tells me I'm not paying enough attention. The one thing i do know, is that after all these years, i still enjoy my morning shave, especially now that the kids are gone and on their own.

Sometimes I imagine that I'm demonstrating proper DE technique to my son-in-law (I don't have a son). I haven't broached the topic of DE shaving with him yet, but I will at some point.

Top Bottom