What's new

Annual Saint Sue Auction 2015

full

The Annual 'Saint' Sue Moore Memorial Fundraiser is fast approaching.

This will be our 5th annual event and we hope it is our most successful event yet!
We can not pull this off alone and we rely on our generous membership to donate items to be auctioned.

If you are not familiar with the 'Saint' Sue Moore Auction it is a fundraiser we do every year to raise funds for the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
It is an auction format and your winning bids are paid directly to the NBCF.

The auction starts on October 19th which is Sue Moore Day on B&B.

We do this in honor of our dear friend Sue Moore who was a founding member and proprietor of Saint Charles Shave. She passed away due to breast cancer and this auction is our way to honor her memory and help fight this terrible disease.
If you would like to read Sue's story she made a thread on B&B for everyone to read. That's the type of brave woman she was.
Take A Deep Breath & Then Walk Into The Fire

The amount we raise is in our complete control through donated items for auction and lively bidding on these items.

If you find it in your hearts to donate anything for auction please use this form:
CLICK HERE

If you have multiple items to donate for separate auction threads please submit a new form for each item.
Also please note we kindly ask that any software (aftershave, soaps, creams, etc) be in new, unopened condition.

Remember that B&B does not handle any money, your winning bids and monetary donations are paid directly to the NBCF

Thank you to everyone who has donated to past auctions and thanks for helping to make this year the biggest yet!

The Brown Leaf members really stepped up their game last year and offered some great items. All tobacco products will have their own auction in The Stock Exchange. Anyone who is eligible and interested in bidding on Brown Leaf items should get a Brown Leaf Badge to have a chance to bid.

Last edited by a moderator:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have a question. If someone wins something I put up for auction, will I be notified? Am I informed when the donation is complete, and then ship it out?

Yes. You will be contacted by a moderator when the payment has been made. Then you'll ship the item out.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Woo hoo!

Brown Leaf guys get their own auction! All to support the NBCF.

So what will be donated? Will you keep it a secret or post a teaser here?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
How is shipping /duties handled for cross border and /or international shipping?

The member that donated the auction item is responsible for shipping. Many bids will far exceed the actual value of an item. You are making a donation for your bid amount to the NBCF. Not paying a member directly.

I'm not sure how duties work, perhaps someone on the team can post here. Let me check!

How is shipping /duties handled for cross border and /or international shipping?

The same as in any normal international transaction- the recipient will be responsible for any duties and fees payable upon receipt of the goods.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Bump!

15 days left. We are at 139 auctions.

We have plenty of room for additional Brown Leaf items. Ya'll can have your very own auction party right here in the Stock Exchange.

Dig through your humidor and tobacco cellar and donate for the cause!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Another bump. I need to bring my Zippo lighter with the World Trade Center to work tomorrow so I can get this done.

on edit: Are the forms reviewed? If more info is needed, are you informed? Or, am I just making this more difficult than it needs to be? :biggrin:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
If we need more info after you submit your donation we will be sure to contact you.

You will also receive a confirmation PM about your donation. But it might not be instantaneous.

Top Bottom