What's new

Tobaccquisitions for September 2015

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
A matched set of Zippos. Nothing special about them. I picked up the standard at Tractor Supply, and the pipe lighter at the county fair last night.

$20150903_003512~2.jpg

Not pictured are two pipe nails I also picked up to replace the one that I lost.

Two estate acquisitions have come in. Both are coral dot era Ser Jacopos

This rusticated Dublin with briar accented stem

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441379051.420612.jpg

And this smooth "Flatus" apple.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441379122.904926.jpg

Both are sweet pipes!

I have a coral dot billiard I really like... except the coral dot fell out! I bought it that way, so I got a pretty good deal, but I need to fix it at some point.

Both are sweet pipes!

I have a coral dot billiard I really like... except the coral dot fell out! I bought it that way, so I got a pretty good deal, but I need to fix it at some point.

Thanks. They're both smoking really well. I have to say Ser Jacopo is becoming a favorite of mine.

I'm sure that could be related with some red acrylic. I think I've seen that pipe before. It's beautiful.

Damn! It must be good to be home huh. :) that's about three to four years purchasing for me here in Australia. Build that cellar!

I sold some estate pipes to smoking pipes.com and received a substantial credit to their store. I've been waiting to slowly build the cellar for some time.

I also got a new to me Cavicchi sandblasted apple.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441519313.661605.jpg

I went to my local B and M yesterday (Timothy's Fine Cigars in Bay City, MI) with the intention of getting a couple low end cigars to take with me, and a $8 stick to smoke in the lounge.

In the past his pipe tobacco and pipes has been promising, but somewhat overpriced: Peterson pipes, Peterson, Ashton, Drew Estate, and a small number of McClelland tins at $14-$18 per tin, and around 8 Lane bulks at $4 an ounce.

I went in yesterday, and he know has Peterson in bulk, bringing his bulks to 20 blends, the new Peterson pouch tobacco, and the 2015 Peterson Christmas Pipes ($120 each). I was beyond floored, what a pleasant surprise!!

The Peterson bulks are $6 an ounce, so I walked out with 1oz each of Sherlock Holmes, Irish Oak, and Connisours Choice. So much more enjoyment in this $18 of pipe tobacco than the equivalent amount of cigars! 3 hours of smoking enjoyment, vs 30 hours with the pipe tobacco!!

Last edited:
Got myself a Gardesana. There's a good chunk missing from the mouthpiece, but it's smoke-able with a softee bit on it. Had to remove at least a quarter inch of caking from the bowl.
$IMAG00004.jpg

Last edited:

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Grabbed an estate Andreas Bauer meet billiard w bakelight stem, and it came with the sweet faux log pipe holder.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441684317.451684.jpg

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Some friends just got back from turkey and brought me a sweet Bilal Donmez sultan head meer.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441684427.473207.jpg

Top Bottom