What's new

Tobaccquisitions for September 2015

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Received a Peterson silver cap lovat this week. About a group 3 size.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442553544.927120.jpg

One pound of Peter Stokkebye's Luxury Bullseye Flake. Trying out using my FoodSaver for aging tobacco. Sealed without the vacuum function. I'll leave it sealed for at least two years.

proxy.php

Got my order from Pipes and Cigars today, a restock of the McClelland Three Oaks Syrian, a Dunhill sampler, and I'm most excited to try the Fusilier's Ration, which is supposed to taste like Bengal Slices and when I cracked the tin the smell did remind me of the the scent of Bengal Slices from decades ago. I was hoping to try out the Standard Tobacco of Pennsylvania Bengal Slices, but when I ran low on the Three Oaks I decided to order what's available now.

$21472074579_f815c5f873_z.jpg

I just grabbed a tin of Early Morning Pipe today from Watch City Cigars. Had a quick bowl on the way back home :) Its pretty good!

Chris

A "The Karvit Yourself Pipe" African block meerschaum kit arrived today, I found some interesting facts on the box and pamphlet, the box says "Distributed by Comoy's of London" and the Phamphlet says "Produced by Kapp & Peterson Ltd."...
$P1130295.jpg

Large month for me in the stocking of the cellar...
9 tins of Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky
5 tins of 3 Oaks Syrian
4 tins of Erinmore Flake
3 tins of FM On The Bayou
2 tins of Cult Blood Red moon
2 tins of Peterson University Flake
2 oz Pirate Kake
Drew Estate Gatsby Luxury Flake
Peterson Irish Dew
1oz Luxury Navy Flake

That may hold me over for a while... lol

Large month for me in the stocking of the cellar...
9 tins of Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky
5 tins of 3 Oaks Syrian
4 tins of Erinmore Flake
3 tins of FM On The Bayou
2 tins of Cult Blood Red moon
2 tins of Peterson University Flake
2 oz Pirate Kake
Drew Estate Gatsby Luxury Flake
Peterson Irish Dew
1oz Luxury Navy Flake

That may hold me over until next week.

FTFY. :laugh:

(Nice haul, BTW.)

I've been monetarily challenged and feeling OTCey lately (I'll be posting about this later in my Caveman thread), and had an itch to buy some stuff so I put in a low-priced order of mostly sale items at P&C. Yesterday I received:

John Bull
Virginia Gold Vanilla
Virginia Gold Black & Gold
Virginia Gold Cherry
Heavy Duty Wind Cap
Ozark Hardwood Cherry Bent
MATCH Sugar Barrel

These two are backordered and will ship when they are in stock again:
C'est La Vie
Sutliff Frosty Mint

I'm pleasantly surprised with how good the cheap tobaccos are, at least the ones I've tried from this order so far.

5 tins of 3 Oaks Syrian

That alone is a great order, not to mention the rest.

Since after a good number of bowls of it, and swapping around to different English blends while testing it out, I definitely could tell a difference between the Syrian and the Cyprian latakia, so I figured I should stash up some tins of the Syrian made stuff while it was still fairly readily available. Same with the Orlik Dark Strong. P&C said they convinced Orlik to do a one batch run, and once they sell out, that's it. Granted, they may manage to fully resurrect the blend, but they may not. So, stocking it up while it's there. :)

Just took receipt of a pound of PS LBF, 2 100g tins of Orliks, and a tin of Firside by Dan tobacco. Unfortunately the seal on the Firside had been breached and it was pretty dry. I'll try rehydration and see if I can't get a bit of Spring back to it.

Top Bottom