What's new

Saving a Filly 14 - Start to Finish

Wow! that's about as resourceful as it gets. Very entertaining post. The time and effort put into documenting this is very much appreciated. It's a kick in the gut to see an NOS Especial cracked/chipped all to hell, you just don't see many of them these days. To bring it back from the brink looking like it does now is a statement in itself. Congrats!

Thanks everyone - the kind words are much appreciated.

Just a thought.
Maybe the Mods would consider setting up a 'Greatest Save' or 'Making a Shorty' contest at some point.

Awesome save! I love the way this little stubby turned out, that first pic was scary. I also just read through the thread with the W&B FBU. As someone who has also glued a few Guitars, fiddles, and ukes back together on a very limited budget, I love the who needs fancy tools workaround attitude. Keep up the good work.

Awesome save! I love the way this little stubby turned out, that first pic was scary. I also just read through the thread with the W&B FBU. As someone who has also glued a few Guitars, fiddles, and ukes back together on a very limited budget, I love the who needs fancy tools workaround attitude. Keep up the good work.

Ty!
If you get into doing any of this resto stuff - you'll find that all the resourcefulness you've relied on to put a stringed instrument back together to be absolutely priceless.

Nice Job! Thanks for the post Keith. I like the idea of taping while peening. I see a lot of razors in the wild like this; till now I've always passed them up. Maybe I'll take a second look at them now.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Wow, impressive save...someday I'll get up the courage to put a straight to my face, but that day has yet to come. Great work.

Top Bottom