What's new

Talcum for daily use info.

Hi All,
I really like talc powder compared to corn starch powders.

I LOVE the scent of the Clubman white talc, but it has red dye in it....... Turns my clothes pink. Washes out easy, but annoying.

Like the Wild Country Avon talc as it smells similarly, but it comes in tiny bottles and costs much more per oz. Avon has a couple other scents that I like on occasion.

Stephans talc is very cheap, smells different but good and is a good product. I just ran out of it.

i just tried the Jeris White talc and love it. Smells very much like Clubman, but has no red dye in it.

If if you like clubman talc, but don't like the red dye, Jeris is a good alternative.

Best Wishes

I just checked my Clubman talc after reading this and you're right...red dye. Why in the world would they have that in the regular talc? For the "flesh" colored version I can understand, but the regular one? Is it subtly pink instead of pure white?

Doesn't make any sense. But thanks for the heads up!

I just checked my Clubman talc after reading this and you're right...red dye. Why in the world would they have that in the regular talc? For the "flesh" colored version I can understand, but the regular one? Is it subtly pink instead of pure white?

Doesn't make any sense. But thanks for the heads up!

I know! I emailed the company and asked them and they told me that there was no dye in it. I took a pic of the ingredients and sent it to them, and they said I had a "mistake bottle." They wanted me to send it in for an exchange which seemed silly as it would cost more to send it than to buy another, which I did........... It had red in it as well. I don't think the customer relations people know the products they sell very well. The Clubman smells the best!

put some in your hand and get it wet. Turns very pink. It's pink enough that I use it as shave talc on occasion and it is not noticeable.

I know! I emailed the company and asked them and they told me that there was no dye in it. I took a pic of the ingredients and sent it to them, and they said I had a "mistake bottle." They wanted me to send it in for an exchange which seemed silly as it would cost more to send it than to buy another, which I did........... It had red in it as well. I don't think the customer relations people know the products they sell very well. The Clubman smells the best!

put some in your hand and get it wet. Turns very pink. It's pink enough that I use it as shave talc on occasion and it is not noticeable.

I took it as the red was there to help mask the talc when applied to the face after a shave. Looks odd, like I have rosy cheeks. The Old spice talc i have from the land of ago has a yellow pigment in it, this makes it invisible when applied to the face and makes more sense. My clubman talc too has red colourant in it and says so on the label at the back.

I would be interested to see what they would have sent you if you had sent your bottle back! :blink:

I took it as the red was there to help mask the talc when applied to the face after a shave. Looks odd, like I have rosy cheeks. The Old spice talc i have from the land of ago has a yellow pigment in it, this makes it invisible when applied to the face and makes more sense. My clubman talc too has red colourant in it and says so on the label at the back.

I would be interested to see what they would have sent you if you had sent your bottle back! :blink:
Ha
I probably should have sent it in to them.

Clubman makes a few different talcs. One is called Bath Talc, and is pure white.
Does it smell like the clubman white talc? Same scent and strength? I wanted to try it, but I was told it had little scent comparably.

Hi Bhugo,

Some of the Talcs that we love at Grooming Lounge include: Balla Powder for Men, Acqua Di Parma Talcum Powder, and of course Grooming Lounge Super Powder, although we have also heard men get great results with Gold Bond. All three have outstanding scents, do not discolor clothes and are very effective.

Yours in good grooming,

Dr. Handsome

The Clubman Talc that I have been using is a bit "Pinkish" in color but I have not noticed it staining my shirts.

Tomorrow I will put some in my hand and add water to see what happens.

The Clubman Talc that I have been using is a bit "Pinkish" in color but I have not noticed it staining my shirts.

Tomorrow I will put some in my hand and add water to see what happens.
I have only noticed it when I sweat a lot.

Has anyone used borotalco? I hear it smells good....

I also have some some yardley talc from India.

Both of these are getting a little pricey for everyday use for me.

Has anyone used borotalco? I hear it smells good....

I also have some some yardley talc from India.

Both of these are getting a little pricey for everyday use for me.

Borotalco is what I use everyday and it does smell good--IMO exactly what talc should smell like. In the 500g tin (or moreso the 1000g tin) they are relatively economical and last a long time.

Stephans talcum has the zinc oxide without the menthol if you are looking for an alternative to gold bond. I like and have both.

Top Bottom