What's new

Good Day At The Flea Market

Picked up these four today. I already had a Slim and a Micromatic Open-Comb but they were too cheap to pass by. The Super Adjustable is a new one for me and is a nice-looking razor. I'm most excited about the immaculate Gem G-Bar. I'm off this week and taking a break from shaving. The G-Bar is what's going to shear my 7 days' growth.

$18 En Totale for all four razors.

proxy.php

I left another Slim in the same condition and a nice Schick Krona for another buyer as I already have a Krona and don't need 3 Slims. The Slim I bought today is actually a little nicer than the one I already had. I'm not into buying razors cheap and reselling them at higher prices. I figure most people there looking for razors are going to be people like us: looking for a usable razor in "The Wild" to keep and use.

I will resume my search tomorrow (we're there selling stuff also) but will try to restrict myself to single-edge razors and leave the DE's for others. SE razors tend to still be there long after all the DE's are found and purchased.

With over 500 vendors/booths, I find it much easier to just walk up and ask "Hey, do you have any old razors?" rather than actually looking through everything else on the tables to find them.

Yeah, this is like a huge regional flea market. My wife has had a booth in a local antique store for almost 3 years now. Everybody who works there is on the lookout for razors for me but one has yet to show up there.

I left another Slim in the same condition and a nice Schick Krona for another buyer as I already have a Krona and don't need 3 Slims. The Slim I bought today is actually a little nicer than the one I already had. I'm not into buying razors cheap and reselling them at higher prices. I figure most people there looking for razors are going to be people like us: looking for a usable razor in "The Wild" to keep and use.

I will resume my search tomorrow (we're there selling stuff also) but will try to restrict myself to single-edge razors and leave the DE's for others. SE razors tend to still be there long after all the DE's are found and purchased.

With over 500 vendors/booths, I find it much easier to just walk up and ask "Hey, do you have any old razors?" rather than actually looking through everything else on the tables to find them.

You have the right spirit! If you want to kick it up a notch, get that "extra" slim and PIF it, or donate it to the Sue Auction. :001_smile

You have the right spirit! If you want to kick it up a notch, get that "extra" slim and PIF it, or donate it to the Sue Auction. :001_smile

That is most likely what I will do. It's much more fun to find a razor in "The Wild" (as people on this site refer to it) than buying one online through an auction site. There's a chance the razors I left behind will be gobbled up and resold at higher prices and there's certainly nothing wrong with that, but I like to think the next person that finds those razors will be thrilled with finding a razor they've been really wanting and will take it home and add it to their collection and use it.

I like to buy the razors cheap and then give them away to those that are looking for birth year razors and such. I don't go looking very often but if I'm out and see one for cheap, I'll pick it up. Congrats on the finds!

Great attitude! Been hunting for a Micromatic open comb. I guess I have to talk the wife into a 2 day trip to find this great flea market!:lol:

Congratulations:thumbup:

That is most likely what I will do. It's much more fun to find a razor in "The Wild" (as people on this site refer to it) than buying one online through an auction site. There's a chance the razors I left behind will be gobbled up and resold at higher prices and there's certainly nothing wrong with that, but I like to think the next person that finds those razors will be thrilled with finding a razor they've been really wanting and will take it home and add it to their collection and use it.
I've started my search recently for a slim adjustable if you willing to get rid of it I'm willing to take it off your hands just pm me

Top Bottom