What's new

Razor that started it all.

Micro Touch One.
Don't judge me!!!!

To you and all the others here that have our will mention this razor - I bought one myself to support the Renaissance of wet shaving and DE razors. Nothing wrong with that in my book.

For me, it was the 1974 Gillette Super Speed that my fiancée got me as an early Christmas present in October of 2013. Two weeks later, I purchased a 1958 Gillette Fatboy for $17 (plus 20% off) from an antique shop, thinking that I wouldn't need or want anything more. How cute I was in my naïveté... ;-)

Merkur Hd.

Loved the heft, but not the size. As a result, bought the Vision, Red Tip, Fatboy, 38C, SlantHammer,etc. Maybe Merkur knew what they were doing all along...

marty

After much research, a lot of it on B&B, I got myself a Merkur 34C

I haven't used it much after I started buying vintage Gillettes ;-)

First was the Merkur 34c. Loved it, but recently sold it. I'm acquiring too many razors too quick and it shaved much like the Progress, so one had to go. Haven't even hit one year of DE shaving and already I need to thin the herd... In any case, it sure started it all for me.

For me it was a Giesen and Forsthoff straight razor - my first Wet Shaving razor. i didn't start on DE, i started with a straight! Dove in head first - i chucked ALL my canned goop and cartridge razors the same day, so i literally had no backup or fallback! Have never ever looked back.

What is the razor that started it all for your adventure in wet shaving, or RAD. For me it was trying the murker 32c.

About DE was the excellent EJ 89.
About Straights was the Taylor's Eye Witness
About Shavettes it was the Universal. But luckily I stopped with them.
:)

Merkur 23C for me... though within 2 months I was a total convert to vintage with a Slim and several Techs

Mühle R41. That was my very first safety razor. I used it as the sole razor for about 6 months before trying any other DE razor.

EJ DE89BL ... PIFd to my son when I taught him to shave and asked him if he would rather shave with a DE or with a cart.

He chose the DE :)

And like others, I've since embraced vintage razors as my favorites

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
The Merkur 34c was the first razor I used when getting into traditional wet shaving, but the Gillette NEW LC is what kicked off the RAD.

My first DE razor was a Parker 65R. I was still on the fence about wet shaving until I picked up a lot of four razors here at B&B. I bought the lot because a Slim Adjustable was on of the razors, and for a total of $40, it seemed like a good buy. Fortunately, one of the razors was a NDC Superspeed, which was the razor that permanently converted me to DE.

Top Bottom