What's new

Razor that started it all.

1945 Triangle Tech, purchased at a local antique shop (for $5) because I couldn't wait for the Razorock Mission to come in the mail. The Tech is still one of my Top 2, sharing that honor with a Flare Tip SS.

I think what really started me off on wet shaving wasn't a razor, it was one of those green Van Der Hagen brushes and soap.

Thanksgiving, 1960; the stewardess on the United flight gave every man aboard (I was 14) a Gillette 195, a.k.a. the Fatboy. I used it for twenty years, until I stupidly lost it. I kept using a brush and shaving soap. Last year I put an end the The Dark Years of carts, etc., and I bought a Fatboy. Couldn't be happier.

The razor that really started it all for me is one I have still never actually tried, the Bevel razor. Bevel's ads and website got me interested in DE shaving, and the next day I went to Art of Shaving and bought a Muhle (AOS-specific model) as my first DE razor. A couple of Merkurs later and the ATT Kronos R1 ended it all for me.

A 1983 Long Handle Super Adjustable Black Beauty my wife gave me in 1990. It was her grandfather's. Still have it and use it every so often.

Probably a Gillette or Schick cart razor - it's been too long ago, and at that point in my life brand or type wasn't important enough for me. :001_smile

No idea. In 1973 my dad went out and bought himself a new razor and gave me his old one and told me to go get those scraggly hairs off my chin. It was a Gillette TTO was all I knew about it.

Top Bottom