What's new

Miss Rhode Island Gets My Vote

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Yea Little Rhody. We still got the best chowda ...

proxy.php

This affirms a long held belief of mine: if you go to an eating contest, look for the skinniest person (doubly so if said person is a female) there and bet on them. Don't bet on the big guys; you'd initially think, being of larger constitution, that a big guy could eat more than a skinny guy or girl. I've found the opposite to be true. If a thin person shows up to an eating contest, quite likely it's because they know they can win. Take Kobayashi for instance: won the hot dog eating contest several times, built like a telephone pole. I'm thinking they have hollow legs.

I made $200 one evening in a betting pool at a wings place while in college. Amongst the 200lb+ guys was a lone girl who weighed in at maybe 105lb. A little voice in my head said to bet on her, and I caught pretty good odds for it too. $20 turned into $200 as she ate them under the table. When it was all over, I gave her $50 of my winnings as a kickback. When I went back another night, I didn't get as good a spread on the odds for her as I did before.

Top Bottom