What's new

Twin DE Blade

I just purchased yesterday a 1962 Slim Adj. and it had in it an old schick twin DE blade. I have never heard of or have ever seen one. Has anyone heard of this? It's basically 2 blades stacked on each other but one is a tad bit more narrow.

I had not heard of one, can you post a picture? I have heard of people putting in 2 blades before, and blades that had a comb attached to them, but I would love to see a pic.

It's a new one on me, too...please post a picture.

Are you sure it just didn't amount to 1 blade, a pile of sticky lather, another put on top of it by accident or intentionally, then closed in a razor for 40 years and now they're together? I've never heerd of sech a thing as that!

Seems to me, I do remember twin DE blades. If I remember correctly, they came on the market shortly after Gillette introduced the Trac II. They were an ill-conceived attempt to capitalize on Gillette's latest "innovation". I think there were also twin injector blades.

-Clarke

Seems to me, I do remember twin DE blades. If I remember correctly, they came on the market shortly after Gillette introduced the Trac II. They were an ill-conceived attempt to capitalize on Gillette's latest "innovation". I think there were also twin injector blades.

-Clarke

My face hurts just thinking of such a thing!:bored:

This is the Schick 2002. I bought some in a lot off of Ebay recently. Have not tried them yet. A different vendor on Ebay, who specializes in NOS had some and he gave them a glowing description.

In one of the books on Gilette I read, it said that many people put two in the razor, with or without shims, before the introduction of the the Trac II. Have never tried that, though....

I bought a ball end tech from an antique store last year. It came with a used schick twin in it. basically two DE blades welded together. the top blade was slightly smaller edge to edged than the bottom blade and was labled top. it was before I got into this hobby and did not think to photograph it before I tossed it. So only memories.

Never heard of twins, but i got a Slim from my grandfather, and it had two blades in it, i didn't think anything about it, just thought he'd accidentally put them in there.

I still have it but my camera isnt high end enough to get that detailed sorry. Evidently it was a bust anyway or it would prob still be around.

Picture of 2002 (courtesy of theshaveden.com) photo archive

proxy.php

Picture of 2002 (courtesy of theshaveden.com) photo archive

proxy.php

Okay...now it's vaguely coming back...I'm thinking early/mid 70's after the Trac II introduction...I kinda remember some advertising of it, but we were a Gillette Family, (hoping the Trac II would be as "wildly successful" as the Techmatic...

I came across 2 packets of these Schick Twin DE blades while having a cleanout last weekend. Have been shaving with one in my Vision 2000 all week.

Outstanding results!

The hunt is now on for some more of these gems.

Now if they came out with a double single edge, ( is that right ?) for my Gem razor, I'd be interested.

Top Bottom