What's new

Clarks Desert Boots

I've got a pair of black leather Clark desert boots. They are OK but they're not super comfortable. The inner is a bit flat and they lack a little bounce for my liking.

I like the look of them, but they lack structure for my tastes. They are flat on the bottom and boxy sides. I've got wide toes and narrow heels so I like something shaped more to my foot. But again, they look great.

Great looking shoes, but as others have said the inside is flat which can make them uncomfortable, and the crepe soles can be slippery.
Classic sand-colored suede is my favorite. They look great with jeans.

I used to wear them almost exclusively. Last year I switched to a similar style from Tod’s with rubber soles that I was able to pick up on sale for only about 30 euros more than the Clarks.

Have been wearing the sand colour since I was at least 13. I'm now way too far into my 40's to be going back. They are flat inside but I've always gone with a thick pair of socks or lately memory foam insoles. Change the laces for a thicker round lace and your good to go. Not for restaurants but for casual with jeans etc. Warning DO NOT GO TO MALL SHOPPING WITH SWMBO IN DESERT BOOTS!!!.

A great British fashion icon.

Uhg, I don't like those at all. That pre worn creased up look is terrible. Its hard to tell the construction style, but I wouldn't want to risk $300 on a pair of shoes that cannot be resoled. If you are going to spend good money on a chukka, look at Allen Edmonds. I'm sure others can suggest other brands to look at too.

Here are a few from http://shoebank.com, Allen Edmonds factory second site. Just put in your size and select search all. If you find what you want, you can call the store that has them in stock to buy them. If you have to return them, it is a $10 restocking fee (unless you return it directly to the store). If you wait around for some of their sales, you can get some amazing deals on the seconds site. Here are a few below, as an example. My search was for 9.5 D.

Classic sand colored suede with dainate sole.
http://shoebank.com/FactorySecondInventory.php?STY=8993S&DIM=D&SIZE=090

A slightly dressier one. Leather sole (but the more durable butyl sole)
http://shoebank.com/FactorySecondInventory.php?STY=1511S&DIM=D&SIZE=090

I have a pair in sand suede. As others have said, they look great, go with almost everything, but they are not comfortable. I don't mind the flat sole, the part that gets me is the sharp transition between heel leather and sole. I get blisters on my heels if I do much walking in them. I will probably try an insole to see if it improves the feel. Also, the sizing runs very big. I normally wear a 9.5, but in the Desert Boots I had to go down to an 8. Definitely try them on in a store before buying.

I own Desert Treks in beeswax, which are similar enough. The beeswax leather is very low maintenance and just look better and better as they age. The crepe soles provide excellent grip for dry urban use and they seem to have held up rather well for 3 years of moderate wear. The foot beds are flat as a board, so an after market insole might be required. The price is also inviting. I'd say go for it.

I have Clark's dbs in beeswax. Very nice. I spent a lot of time walking in them this summer when I was on vacation and I have no complaints. I also have an older pair in suede. Quite a bit lighter and probably not as durable. A good shoe at the price point.

Bought a pair, worst shoes I have ever worn. Felt great in the store, but after wearing them a while, well I just can't wear them. Very uncomfortable.
They are in the Goodwill pile, perhaps someone else will like them.

I have had a pair for the last 15 years and they have held up well. I have wide feet and these fit fine. They are comfortable and I have never had a problem with them. I had them resoled in a rubber sole and they are just fine.

Top Bottom