What's new

Non Drying Water Based Pomades

I love these new pomades. They are blowing the conventional water based pomades out of the water. The conventional water based pomades harden up and are more like gel than pomade. But the new non drying ones have the characteristics of oil based pomades, but wash out like water based pomades. They leave your hair feeling soft, they're easy to re-style, and they don't flake up or harden like the conventional water based pomades.

O'Doud's the Based Pomade started my interest in non-drying water based pomades. I love how it makes my hair feel. One of my favorite things with it is that I can get decent build up and I can just run a dry comb through my hair in the mornings after waking up and be able to style my hair with little effort. The only downside is that it was only a limited edition run... I should have bought an extra jar.

Some other non drying water based pomades to look out for are...

1. Cool Grease Blue.
2. Cool Grease Red.
3. Flagship-Insubmersible. (maybe)
4. Shear Revival Crystal Lake.
5. Daimon Baber No.1.
6. Rustin Deluxe.
7. O'Doud's Water Based.

I'm not 100% sure if this qualifies but I've really been enjoying Prospectors Gold Rush. It doesn't give the crusty/crunchy feeling of gels or certain other pomades.

It styles really easily, restyled easily, and it smells fantastic. Anyone else got some non-drying pomades they like?

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
There's a new Pomp collab with Rustin coming called "Black". It's a dyed black Pomade. With my dark hair, I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm not 100% sure if this qualifies but I've really been enjoying Prospectors Gold Rush. It doesn't give the crusty/crunchy feeling of gels or certain other pomades.

It styles really easily, restyled easily, and it smells fantastic. Anyone else got some non-drying pomades they like?
Well, I've heard that Prospector's Gold Rush hardens, but then I have heard that it doesn't. I will have to try it out someday to see for myself.

I tried O'Douds Water Based for the first time earlier this week and, in fact, this was my first go round with a (real) pomade.

It wasn't what I was expecting...

Yes, I knew it was going to have a weird consistency in the hand and, yes, I knew it wouldn't wash out with just water, but man...that build up is no joke! Waxy stuff!

Performance and scent wise, it's great. I'm just not sure if I'm ready to take my training wheels off yet and use grease.. .

I realize this may sound like a complaint... It's not, but I am still acclimating. Anyone else go through a period of adjustment when switching to a heavier product?

Top Bottom