What's new

Noob from SC-23C?

Hello all from South Carolina.

Great site for obtaining info for my first purchase. I went with Merkur and what I believe is the 23C. Can someone confirm that based on this:
$image.jpg
Thanks in advance for your time.

I checked the UPC and it looks like you are correct. A picture of the razor would be even more helpful.

Welcome to the forum, you should stop by the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Not sure what it IS, but it is NOT a 23c.

I am very interested to see what one of the experts say. Merkur's boxing is not clear as to the model because their packaging does not clearly indicate that which is why I posted the pic of the sticker on the bottom of the box. Getting ready to whip up some popcorn on this one!

I scanned the bar code in the picture and came up with:
"Merkur Double-Edge Razor with slim handle MK333C."
When I search on MK333C, there are some descriptions that differ on the handle, Long, Slim and Short.

The picture seems to match what came up on my phone.

Welcome to B&B! Yep it's a 38C Barber-Pole. I have one too - very nice!

It looks like the box is for a 23C. '90 23 001' appears to be the stock number for the 23C model.

Last edited:
Thanks...obviously got put in the wrong box. I used it for the first time this morning and loved it. Made need something just a tad bit more aggressive. Any ideas of what would be the next step in that dept?

That Merkur is mighty pretty, I may have to put that one on my short list! I'm a SC noob myself - welcome!

Stan

Thanks...obviously got put in the wrong box. I used it for the first time this morning and loved it. Made need something just a tad bit more aggressive. Any ideas of what would be the next step in that dept?

I have been DE shaving for about 10 months so my experience is limited by that. I personally like the stainless steel razors from Above The Tie, but they are on the expensive side. There are many choices out there that won’t cost a fortune though. You might want to post your question in a new thread in the General Shaving Discussion forum. I’m sure you would gets lots of feedback from more experienced shavers than myself that would help point you in the right direction.

Thanks Stan. What did you purchase for your first razor?[/

My first "bought" DE razor is an EJ DE89. I have several vintage Gillettes also. The EJ and a 1948 or 49 Super Speed are the only ones I'm using right now, until I improve my technique a little more. I really like the EJ!

Top Bottom