What's new

lamy Cartridge refill and converter?

I read some where that Lamy pens only take Lamy carts and converters. Problem is I can't find that reference. It was here in the Nib though. Is this correct?

If so I will be syringe filling the spent carts I have. So I don't look like a junkie at work (where my pens are most often inked), is there a way to fill that does not involve a needle?

I suppose I could go all out and create a junkie's toy box (a recovering addict friend called his kit this). Zippered pouch, syringe, spoon, and tea candle. When the need to re-ink arises whip out the pouch light the candle (for show) and go to work. Should get a few eye brows raised considering I am a middle school teacher.

Lamy does have a proprietary converter; however, I believe Monteverde makes carts that will fit Lamy pens. I am not sure if all Monteverde carts work in Lamy's or if you have to buy a specific kind of Monteverde cart.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I've read that an international cartridge will do in a pinch, but why?

$4408.jpg

Buy a converter and use your favorite ink from a bottle. Save the syringe for home if you must.

Buy a converter and use your favorite ink from a bottle.

I agree. Lamy converter's are affordable. Get two. Also, Lamy cartridges last a while. I don't know how much writing you do at work, but you could take your pens home and refill the cartridges at home. Last suggestion, use a non-needle syringe. I use a monojet:
$monoject-412-curved-tip-syringe.jpg

Adult ADD is murder. It is even worse because I have two jobs. So job one stuff lives at job one, job two stuff lives there. Just a coping mechanism. If I take something home it is likely to never make it back.

So they are proprietary. I like carts these days so I can quickly switch between colors and don't have to have full bottles at work.

Yo tengo 2 plumas estilográficas Lamy y en las dos uso convertidor original Z24 que funciona a rosca.

I have two fountain pens Lamy and both use the originaI have two pens Lamy and both use the original Z24 converter works screw.

proxy.php

En una de ellas le meti una bolita minuscula dentro para ver si fluye mejor la tinta y es igual el flujo con bolita que sin bolita.

In one i put a tiny ball inside to see if the ink flows better and the flow is equal ball without ball.

Last edited:
the original Z24 converter works screw.
Good info here. Some people really like the screw in converters, as they obviously keep the converter from inadvertently coming out. However, only the z24 converter (the one pictured above with the red twist knob) has the screw in option...the other Lamy converter (z26 with black knob) is friction fit like most converters.

Others correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the z24 and z26 will work with any Lamy pen that accepts converters.

Last edited:
Los convertidores de Z24 y 26 son lo mismo. La única diferencia son dos patillas muy pequeña del Z24, que se utilizan cuando el convertidor es instalado en los modelos ABC, safari, Nexx (M) y AL-Star.

Z24 mainly converters and 26 are the same. The only difference they are two very small pin Z 24, which are used when the converter is installed on the ABC, safari, Nexx (M) and AL-Star models.

proxy.php

Top Bottom