What's new

SEptember Rapid Fire Passaround

Looking to try the SE thing? I was curious, but honestly I tried my first SE shave last night and ended up finishing it off with the NEW. That being said ever since I found my long comb NEW it has been my favorite performing razor. My Slim and Fatboy have even taken a back seat. In any event I thought I wound offer up the following for a rapid fire passaround for SEptember.

Included:
GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf Razor
GEM Blue Star SE Razor Blades
Cella Almond Shaving Cream

The Rules:
1. I used 1 of the razor blades, 9 remain. Please only use one blade for the test. However many shaves you try to get from the one blade is up to you. If you want to try other blades that is also up to you.
2. DO NOT discard the used blades in the blade bank.
3. Clean the razor (and soak in alcohol) BEFORE use and BEFORE passing on to the next person on the list.
4. You are responsible for shipping costs to the next person on the list.
5. CONUS only to try to keep this moving for the month.
6. The last person on the list will return to me.
7. First 9 people to respond "I'm In" are in. If someone adds more blades we can keep it moving longer...

Attachments

• $IMG_1271[1].jpg
    $IMG_1271[1].jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 191
Very generous offer. Not in as I have one but this is a great chance for someone to try one of these.
Good luck and have fun.

Running out of time to get to the Post Office with this today. Who wants to be first? Sign up and PM me your address. We're boxed up and waiting for the first destination.

:whistling: One last bump.

:idea: If there's no interest in getting this off the ground by September 16th, I'll add some more items and will put a package together for the ‘Saint’ Sue Moore Memorial Fundraiser.

I'm in, have never tried a clog pruf, the cella, or those blades. Thanks for your generosity! I'm also fairly close to you.

Awesome. Package shipped today.

In my best Austin Powers voice, Who wants to be Number 2?

1. polishaver

Enjoy your shave polishaver and post back with your experience.

I've never tried an SE, and am curious how it compares to a DE shave --- so count me in !
Thanks for your generosity :)

:whistling: One last bump.

:idea: If there's no interest in getting this off the ground by September 16th, I'll add some more items and will put a package together for the ‘Saint’ Sue Moore Memorial Fundraiser.

I hope some of the bingo followers will see this and jump in. Good luck!

I've never tried an SE, and am curious how it compares to a DE shave --- so count me in !
Thanks for your generosity :)

Welcome No. 2!

i wouldn't mind trying, but I am going away next week and wouldn't be able to until after then.

You're in! I suspect it might take a while for the other two to have their test run, plus with travel time etc. Post a reply when you're back. If absolutely necessary I'll move you up or down the list, but you have a spot reserved.

1. polishaver
2. JohnG10
3. Blaidth

Still lots of spots open. Who else whats a test run?

Hi,

Well, ok. I think.....

I have never tried a full SE. I have an injector around here somewhere, but that be different. I use a DE Slant most of the time, have others of course, and when I feel like it, I use a straight. But, never an SE.

I say 'I think' because I wouldn't want to open up a SE RAD wormhole. :p

If you want, put me in the tail end Charlie spot. I would buy some blades to restock if the list needs to grow. :)

Stan

I had my first shave with the clog pruf yesterday morning and enjoyed the heft of the all metal razor compared to my contour. I liked the performance of the Cella, but the scent is a bit too sweet for my taste. I will be sending it out for the next in line Tuesday after work. Thanks again for the opportunity!

Hi,

Looks like this has slowed down. I had said I'd be in late, but looks like I shall be Number Four...

1. polishaver
2. JohnG10
3. Blaidth
4. KQY 61

Stan

I had my first shave with the clog pruf yesterday morning and enjoyed the heft of the all metal razor compared to my contour. I liked the performance of the Cella, but the scent is a bit too sweet for my taste. I will be sending it out for the next in line Tuesday after work. Thanks again for the opportunity!

Did you only use the razor for one shave? I think this is where I made my error. The more I read it sounds like the single edge performs better on subsequent shaves. When I get the razor back I'm going to give it another go. I also got a cork that I will probably run the blade through to see if that makes a difference.

I feel the same on the Cella. I currently alternate between C.O. Bigelow cream and Arko stick. I prefer both over the Cella.

Hi,

Looks like this has slowed down. I had said I'd be in late, but looks like I shall be Number Four...

Sounds good Stan, perhaps some more will jump on board now that we have some momentum.

My apologies for the delay, I had to work late the past 2 days and wasn't able to make it to the post office. I will get it in the mail tomorrow for sure. I used it with a Gem ptfe blade for the second run and got smoother results, great razor.

Very cool idea. I've got a few SEs, so I am not in on this, but definitely encourage others to try this out. And don't give up after one shave. My first SE shave was kind of rough, but it definitely improved. The technique is a little different I guess and it took me a few tries to get it down.

The package is on the way to John, expected delivery Monday 9-21. Sorry again for the delay, I hate when work/ life get in the way of the important stuff :w00t:
Tracking number
9505 5140 4317 5261 0228 22
Thanks for the opportunity ! I hope everyone enjoys the MMCP as much as I did.
I added a good size sample of shave soap from my wife's company in their barbershop scent ( very close to Fine American blend ). Any feedback would be great!

Top Bottom