What's new

OCtober 2015

For the last couple of years we have had fun with open combs in October, so let's do it again this year. We have 1 month til the kickoff, so if you don't have an OC, or you want more OC's, you have time to act.

In 2013 we had good participation. Last year we had even more participation. You can review the last two year's threads at the following links.

2014 Thread
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/419900-OCtober-2014?highlight=October+2014

2013 Thread
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/365093-Open-Comb-October/page35?highlight=OC+October

I will track the thread as I did last year. If you want to participate, say so in this thread. 30 days til kickoff.

Last edited:
I only shave with an OC. So I guess I'm in too.

Edit:

My current daily shaver in an ATT M2.

Last edited:
The only OC I have currently is a Gem OCMM...does that count? At any rate...I was just given this little "gem" and I have exactly one shave with it. As per the terms of my receiving it...I am shaving with it all next week for SEptember. If I can get the angle and touch down by the end of the week I will participate. But man...that first shave was harsh!

The only OC I have currently is a Gem OCMM...does that count? At any rate...I was just given this little "gem" and I have exactly one shave with it. As per the terms of my receiving it...I am shaving with it all next week for SEptember. If I can get the angle and touch down by the end of the week I will participate. But man...that first shave was harsh!

Yes, the MMOC/OCMM counts. Hopefully you can get comfortable with it and join us. IMHO, it is an aggressive bugger.

Hi,

I am in again. Or, is it still? I use two OCs on a Daily basis. A Fasan Double Slant, and my Grandfather's OT Thin Cap. I don't use a SB unless I am travelling. Then it is an Early Tech or a Mach-III (commercial air).

Stan

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Go ahead and count me in. I do love my OCs, and the SB razors can take a rest for a little while!

I'm in for the first time. I've been using my NEW LC almost exclusively for about a month and a half anyway, I think. The only other OC's I have are a MMOC and a Fatip Piccolo. I'll have to get on repairing the Fatip for OCtober, it has a wavy edge issue. This sounds like fun!

I'm in, too! I actually have a few OC razors to choose from this year! FaTip Grande in nickel (which I used last year for this), the 1937 Gillette Sheraton that my fiancée got me for Christmas last year, the 1918 Gillette Single Ring I picked up in late December last year, and the 7 o'clock razor that I bought here from a fine member. I'm not sure which I'll use, to be honest. I'm leaning towards the 7 o'clock or the '37 Gillette Sheraton. I guess I have 30 days to decide! ;-)

Does anyone know how to tell about what year or decade the 7 o'clock razors were made? I'm interested in finding out just how old mine actually is.

Hi,

This is the time of year I wish I had kept all the OC razors I had stopped using and were just cluttering up a drawer. So I could cycle thru them... ;)

Maybe next year I won't join sabbaticals and buy 29 more razors, all OC, so I can do a different razor every day. Maybe all under $10 ugly ones!

Stan

The ATT S2 is my daily shaver at present; and I also have an M2, a Fatip Grande and a NEW LC which I enjoy bringing out from time to time. I am always thinking about getting more OCs and more razors in general, but that is just my RAD knocking on the door. This sounds like fun, count me in! :biggrin1:

Last edited:
I'm in, at least to start the month. I've only pulled the NEW out once this year. I've come to find aggressive razors much more comfortable, but I can always experiment with shims and handles. If I find it's not working for me, I'll switch over to the R41 (which isn't quite a true OC, but it's the only other one I've got).

Well, I have an Old Type, a New SC and a New LC that I haven't used yet, so this will be a great time to give them a whirl. I also have a Gem MMOC, but based on what I've read about how aggressive they are, plus the fact that I'm currently less than 2 months into DE shaving, I think I'll leave that one on the sidelines.

I'm in got lots of Open Combs. Even a Schick I picked up yesterday. OC's are some of my favorite razors!

Top Bottom