What's new

OCtober 2015

OCtober 9, #9 -- I haven't used my Bostonian New Improved for a long time, it hasn't been my favorite shaver.

with
Voskhod
Stirling Executive Man
SOC Boar
Weleda AS

$OCt9.jpg

That was nicer than I remember, I think my technique has improved since then, but still not my most comfortable razor. It's just too darned pretty to get rid of.

O. C. tober 9th

Ball end old type
Personna Red (2)

CCS from two passes. I am getting more comfortable with this razor and enjoying the daily ritual that is wet shaving...

October 9:
Above The Tie - S2 v1 / UFO - TiTAN Fine L / Astra SP (4)
Paladin - PK-47 (TSN 2015 LE, Blonde Badger)
Tabac - shaving soap
Fine - L'Orange Noir / RazoRock - XXX AS balm

Old
Astra SP
B&M Leviathan
Same as yesterday, but with a much better shave. The angle of the Old is proving to be quite a challenge for me, but I'm getting better. And I was always told that the News were more picky about the angle.

OCtober 9 - Clubman Friday
Rotbart Single Ring /Voskhod (3)
Proraso Red
Durance en Provence Badger
Retinol Men ASB
Pinaud Clubman VIBR

proxy.php

Marked OCtober 2015 with a shave from the Old Coot (Single Ring Old Type). Didn't use the soap in the pic (even though it's my favorite) because I face lathered with a Tabac stick instead.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
well, I broke down and used a closed comb today. I picked up a triangle tech for $5 and really had to try it out. Best Tech shave I've ever had. But I'll be back to OC tomorrow!

09 OCtober 2015 - Day 9/Shave 9

Gillette NEW SC #2
Personna Lab Blue blade
Rudy Vey keyhole brush
Mike's Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper soap
Ogallala Bay Rum
BBS

Another great shave with the NEW SC today. I used my ratty SC today. This one was thrown in with another, decent razor in an auction. When I got it, it was pretty much green from head to toe, it took a while to get it clean. The plating is shot and, if I had a mind to, I could polish up the red brass cap and market it as a special two-tone razor, but I am not going there.

I got the case in an auction for another razor. It was completely trashed, so I stripped the partial plating off of it and reworked the inside. The fabric was too thick for the original razor, but if fits this guy just fine.

proxy.php

October 9

20's Old Type
Astra SP (1)

Taking a break from the blade sampler. I was recently PIF'd 50 Astra SP's, so I wanted to try one again since I hadn't tried this combo the last time.

On the whole, a very nice one-pass shave. I was a little concerned as the first Astra SP I tried seemed a bit mild in my 60's SuperSpeed, but this time it seemed just about right.

Now the dilemma... to continue with the blade sampler or settle in with what could be a winning combination for me. :)

JR

OCt 9

Criterion NEW De Luxe with GSB
Proraso Green - Omega Pro 49
Thayer's Lemon WH
Pinaud Citrus Musk

My first shave with this beauty. WOW. The added weight of the De Luxe head over the standard NEW makes for quite a difference. Very smooth, comfortable and effortless... which are already there is spades with the NEW. Will be interesting to see how this pans out against the regular Short and Long Comb NEWs.

$Criterion.jpg

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I moved that Polsilver blade over to my Bell Tube Handle Old Type, this morning, and that was worth the trouble. Honestly, it was not as smooth a shave as with the Double Ring, but it sure was smooth and very close. Quite wonderful!

Razor: Gillette Bell Tube Handle Old Type
Blade: Polsilver SI (3)
Brush: Vie-Long 04312
Cream: Trumper's Limes
AS: Just a splash of Dickinson's WH

OCt 9 - Third Shave

New Deluxe (Criterion/Belmont) with an Astra SP

Attachments

• $IMG_0004.jpg
    $IMG_0004.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 96
Day 9, Shave 8

Old ball end
Astra SP
Omega 98
Arko
Witch Hazel finish
Proraso beard oil

First shave with the Arko, not sure if I like it. One small weeper on my neck, otherwise another nice shave.

OCt 9

Take 2 with the new blade - same as yesterday: Sheraton with a Rubie (2)

Also -
Myrsol Emulsion preshave
Barrister & Mann Leviathan (from a sample)
Crown Shaving Co. Aftershave Tonic

I am late to the game but I am going all OC in October. I'm using a Gillette NEW short comb this week / Astra SP.

Top Bottom