What's new

Want a new hat

I've not, but would be interested in hearing the experience also. I'm a bit leary about buying hats online, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I can say that I purchased a Tilley recently, and that experience worked perfectly and the hat is awesome.

I have not purchased from them, but I have drooled over the site for a long time. They have the hat worn by my avatar!

I looked at their site and find the prices high and shipping outrageous.

Several years ago I got away from the western styles and went for the classic Fedora type hats and have gotten nothing but positive comments here in E Texas where western styles predominate.

Most of mine are Akrubra, from Australia, made from the fur of the Australian hare(rabbit) and are in their better grade they call Heritage. My oldest is about 8 years old and still looks like new.

I do have a few custom made from Art Fawcett of Vintage Silhouettes which are considered among the best I have one "Indina Jones" style made by Steve Delk of Adventurebilt hats, that is 100% beaver and probably the finest I have, and the most expensive, currently running $650 in beaver or 300 in rabbit.When I got mine from Steve his waiting time was in excess of a year, because of all the backlog orders.

For a lot of hat info you should look a thefedoralounge.com forum

Last edited:
Top Bottom