What's new

September 2015 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonufabiznitch! Someone really just needs to knock me out & take my money away or something. I was literally just telling myself that I wasn't up for the additional maintenance of straights compared to de. As I'm browsing straights & the classifieds no less. Then I hit a 5 razor lot, do some math, figure a decent deal, & I'm buying friggin straights. Of course I have to follow this up with a WD Poor Man's strop kit. On the upside, if straights don't do it for me, I've got a friend who was interested not too long ago I might be able to unload on. I'm already thinking of handing one off to him anyway.

Sonufabiznitch! Someone really just needs to knock me out & take my money away or something. I was literally just telling myself that I wasn't up for the additional maintenance of straights compared to de. As I'm browsing straights & the classifieds no less. Then I hit a 5 razor lot, do some math, figure a decent deal, & I'm buying friggin straights. Of course I have to follow this up with a WD Poor Man's strop kit. On the upside, if straights don't do it for me, I've got a friend who was interested not too long ago I might be able to unload on. I'm already thinking of handing one off to him anyway.
Sweet!!! Pics of the madness?

proxy.php

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...no-fancy-pics-but-no-fancy-price-either!-SOLD

Also, my pics turned out like trash, but mystery baseplate from the lot turned out to be a bad condition Erickson, whose lovely handle ended up joined to one of the Old heads. We'll see if I can get some decent shots a bit later.

I picked up 1920's old style for $10. Still trying to clean it up. Also a 1960 super speed for $5. That one cleaned up nicely and is heading to my brother for his birthday

Small order from maggards... used their coupon for their edge free shipping program. 9.99 for free shipping for 6 months on orders over $5 (ends tomorrow)

Proraso Sensitive Skin Green Tea & Oat Shaving Cream Tube -White
RazoRock Mudder Focker Shaving Soap, (125ml)
Musgo Real-Shave Soap Classic Scent
10ml Screw Top Jar, White Lid (Empty) (#10ML-10PACK)
quantity: 10-Pack
Maggard Edge Membership - 6 Months (USA Only)
Gustafson Cinder & Stout shaving Soap - 3oz

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
A tub of Truefitt & Hill 1805 and Grafton
Maggard Razors Platinum Soap Tobacco & Leather
Chiseled Face Summer Storm AS
and Samples of:
Geo F Trumper Spanish Leather
TOBS Eton College, Jermyn St, St James, & Mr. Taylor
Caties Bubbles La Terre Verte, Santal Sensuelle, La Piment de la Vie, & Spanish Holiday

$2015-09-25.jpg

Thiers Issard La Legend collector set of 12 straights, at 37% off promo. Plus, free shipping, which sealed the deal!
Could not pass up.
Yes, I had already had a couple glasses of wine!

$thiers issard la legend set.jpg

I already had a Seaforth! shaving mug, so when I saw two matching bottles for $5 for the pair at an antique shop, I had to grab them. The talc bottle is full. The cologne bottle was empty, so I cleaned it out good and filled it with a bottle of AV Ice Blue AS, since I don't really use cologne. They look like new and make a nice set in my shaving cabinet.

Attachments

• $017.jpg
    $017.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 93
Well, downside, the 5 pack of straights was a no-go. Turned out to be a duplicate post, seller refunded. Upside, I was still browsing sales, so a Lakeside Hygienic was in the mail at the same time as the WD strop kit.

proxy.php

proxy.php

(seller pics)

Thought it was cool, especially considering my grandmother worked for Montgomery Ward for quite a few years. Lakeside was a MW store brand.

Picked up three new soaps from ShaveRevolution: Barrister & Mann Leviathan, RazoRock Essential Oil of Limes, Dr Jon's Anne Bonny. And the full size Fine Fresh Vetiver AS.$20150930_152248.jpg
$20150930_153006.jpg
Also nabbed a bunch of soap samples and two AS samples from Maggard Razors: Barrister & Mann (Vetyver Sandtal, Lavanille, Seville, Latha original, and Latha Sandalwood), Strop Shoppe (Date Night and Black Tie). The aftershaves are Chiseled Face Groomatorium Sherlock and Ghost Town Barber. Also picked up the Maggard open comb razor head.

That should carry me through for pretty much all of next year.

Picked up a rack of things. Jadeite soap dish (has a Mama Bear Dublin Tweed puck in it, also acquired this month), Proraso - Green tub, Cella tub, RazoRock XXX & Don Marco croap, Clubman Pinaud VIBR & Vanilla aftershave, Merkur 34C "Heavy Classic", Edwin Jagger DE89BL, Muhle R41 "Grand Open Comb", a stainless 4 rack for my razors, Valobra - Fougere, Proraso aftershave, Saponificio Varesino alder bowl + a puck of Dolomiti inside and 100ml bottle of Dolomiti aftershave, an Omega 31025 (Scarlatti) boar brush and a Vie-Long Zurito Blanco 13061B horse brush. Oh, and a 100 pack of Feather razors blades! Nah, I'm not an obsessed beginner... :w00t:

$P1010001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom