What's new

NEW won't play nice with Personna Med Preps

I've been using a Gillette NEW LC as my daily driver for a couple years and I have found that it is very forgiving when it comes to blades. I've had fine shaves with Astras, PolSilvers, Super Iridiums, Feathers, Silver Blues, different Gillette 7 O'clocks, Voskhods and more.

I use Astra SPs most often because they are both cheap and good.

I recently ordered a small batch of Personna Med Preps after reading good things here.

The first shave was not as close as I get other blades, so the next day I got a bit more assertive with the angle and pressure. That gave me the worst of both worlds: a shave that still wasn't close but with a few weepers. The third day I went to a new blade to make sure the first wasn't a dud. It was more of the same.

Has anybody else had issues with Med Preps in a NEW? I suppose it is probably another YMMV thing.

I'm pretty sure they are meds.

They come in a blue and white wrapper that says "Personna Super" and on the blade is printed "for hospital use." I also have some Personna Lab Blues I have not yet tried.

Hi,

Yup. Those are Med Preps. They worked fine for me for years in the three NEWs I had. US SC + LC and Brit RFB. So, I also think it is a YMMV thing....

Stan

Top Bottom