What's new

Finally scored a PAL adjustable

There is a used blade in the back of my injector, can it be removed?

Not a good idea to remove the blade entirely from injectors. Best to leave a blade in or replace the blade with a factory blank (dulled).

Getting the blade out without inserting another can damage the razor not to mention the risk of cutting yourself as you need to grab the blade to extract it.

Good habit is to leave your last blade in or make a dull blank to replace the last used blade in the injector.

The main selling point for injectors was safety as you did not need to touch the blade (used or new one)

Sorry I was unclear. I'm not talking about removing it from the razor but from the injector/blade pack. In the back of the pack is a hole to put used Blades.

Sorry I was unclear. I'm not talking about removing it from the razor but from the injector/blade pack. In the back of the pack is a hole to put used Blades.

Why would you want to remove a blade from the used storage location? to make a dull blank?

I don't think you can get the used blades out very easily. Maybe when you finish the injector you can break the carrier apart to get to them.

Thanks. I was thinking a dull blank.
Probably the best thing to do with your PAL Injector is leave it alone and just load a blade from the injector cartridges and when required and leave any old blade in the razor....People mess so many of these particular injectors by getting up to all sorts of strange things with them....:001_cool:

Keep it simple...:001_rolle

Billy

Are these all just rebranded from the same maker?

Those are medical supply houses that sell the ASR/Personna PTFE coated injector blades. PTFE is Teflon but they can't say Teflon as that is a registered trademark of the DuPont company

They are all the same product.

Be careful when you order that you do not accidentally get "hair shaper" injector blades. You want injector "razor" blades. Hair shaper is longer than an injector razor blade and WILL NOT work. Don't ask me how I know this :sad:

Cheaters!!
The PAL arrived today :clap: I'll clean it up and post back the results. It is a beauty!
I would suggest that you start in the middle setting as a starting point Sir...Maybe even one before that to get used to the angle...These are a different animal to Schick's as they are not as intuitive to use...The blade is not as easy to find due to the comb moving forward and backwards as an adjustable feature....Its an unusual design and when its higher aggressive settings there is very little blade gap...Put it flat against the face and drop the handle a tad until you feel it cutting....I have never has a problem using them but some folks apparently do....:w00t:

These are very subtle Injectors and you need to have some serious listening skills....They are certainly not for anybody that is heavy handed and or not very sensitive..:lol:

Enjoy Sir...:thumbup1:

Billy

Okay I cleaned up and loaded the Pal up. The first thing I like is the weight. The stainless body gives it a good heft. I set the adjustment half way and started with a shallow angle and lowered the handle until I got some feed back. Since the first pass was uneventful (only hair was cut) I turned the adjustment up one more. I finished the shave with a single weeper. Nice!

Final thoughts:
The top of the handle can get a little slippery and I had to wipe it off a couple times.
It does a really nice job.
It isn't as brainless as my other injector. This one needed a little more care. Of course this probably had to do with how high I turned up the adjustment.

Thanks for all the input.

You guys are not talking about the Personna injector razor ? Can you use Schick blades or it has to be Personna blades?

You guys are not talking about the Personna injector razor ? Can you use Schick blades or it has to be Personna blades?
We are talking about the PAL Adjustable ....The Personna Injectors were made by the same American Safety Razor Company and take any standard injector blade Sir...:thumbup1:

Billy

Top Bottom