What's new

PIF (sign-up before 9/8/2015) "Down on your luck" Shavemac

The Lord blessed me financially, and I "won" a Shavemac 44140 Handmade Silvertip Badger brush as part of the 2014 Sue Moore Auction. I've used the brush < 20 times, and I decided I prefer a Plisson Synthetic more. Since this was part of the auction, I would like to keep it in the B&B community rather than selling to make some money.

This is considered a higher end brush, and I thought I would make this a "Down on your luck" PIF. I'm targeting this PIF for people that lack the funds to spend a bunch of money on a nicer silvertip badger brush. If you already have one (or more) Shavemac, Simpson's, Thater, etc., this PIF is not for you!

Stipulations:

1. You actually use the brush rather than adding it to a collection.
  2. You pass it on to another B&B member if you find yourself not using the brush.
  3. Have a membership date of June 2015 (or earlier).
  4. Have at least 50 posts.
  5. To enter, post "I'm in", and post what brush you are currently using.
  6. Enter by Monday, September 7 11:59 PM CDT. I'll draw a winner on Tuesday, September 8.

NOTE: Open to all B&B members.

Pics:
Please excuse the cell phone pics and any reflections.
$Shavemac_box.jpg$Shavemac_back.jpg$Shavemac_top.jpg

Reference for more info:
http://www.shavemac.com/products/Sh...ng-Brush-44140-Handmade-Silvertip-Badger.html

Last edited:
I'm in. Currently I use a couple of Semogue boars, and a Burma Shave Boar. I have lost interest in badger, but this one looks very nice. I've never tried a Sivertip.
Great PIF

I'm in, thanks for the PIF!

My current brush is an Omega boar that I received as part of my starter kit from Garry's Sample Shop.

sleepy

I'm out. I have a few brushes, main two right now are Omega 49 professional and Stirling Hoss.

EDIT: Don't put me in this. I re-read the thread after initially posting "I'm in" and you want to give this to someone that wouldn't ordinarily by themselves a silvertip because they don't have the funds. I have a Thater so I do not qualify for this PIF and I wouldn't want to keep someone from getting this that deserves it more.

Last edited:
Wow. Another very generous PIF. I'm definitely in on this one. My only brush is a synthetic Omega S-Brush, and I would LOVE to upgrade to a "big boy" brush. Thank you for the opportunity!

I'm in!
I have one of the cheapest omega boars and one crappy badger brush that I use along with vintage brush that is all but useless. My financial situation is such that I won't be able to do any sort of brush experimentation a long, long time. As I type this, I've been trying to justify the purchase of a $20 brush (and can't) so I'm very grateful for the opportunity that you're presenting here. It's really generous of you to offer such a valuable item as a pay it forward.

Amazing generosity. Thank you

I'm in, i could never afford a brush that price, not without being in trouble with the wife.
I'll abide by all the rules.
Thank you so much for the opportunity.

Wow, that is incredibly generous of you! Thank you for such a wonderful PIF! I am currently using a no name boar that I received as part of a five piece shave set from Bed Bath and Beyond. I usually use a Semogue Owners Club boar in cherry, but I also like my Semogue 1305. I have only used two Badger brushes that were made by Parker, which was my introduction to shaving brushes. I've never used anything that others would consider 'high end', but I am definitely interested, and would give this one a good home and use it proudly. :001_smile

Count me in! Very generous of you!

*disregard that.... Misread "June or before" as "June or after" lol... Still very generous! Good luck everyone!

I'm in, I've only used Pure badger before, never could justify the price of anything more than a good boar brush, in this case the Semogue 1305 and a used SOC that I bought cheap here.

Wow, that is very generous of you.

I'm in. I am currently using a WD Silvertip 24mm or my Custom Finest by Brad Sears 29mm

This would be the perfect brush

You ruled me out! (way too many Simpsons, Vulfixes and others overhere!:001_rolle)

But I do think your offer is great, generous and in the spirit of B&B! :thumbup1:

Top Bottom