What's new

In the YMMV category.

I used my first Feather blade in a Muhle R89 this morning. I have to say, IMO, I get it. With almost 2 days growth, it cut right through my coarse, wiry beard with little to no effort. Of course, I was extra careful on the neck and the shave is not as close there, but on my face, BBS in three light passes.

I'm looking forward to getting a 1965 Schick Krona in the mail on Thursday to try with a Feather for my neck. I also have a Muhle R41 and Merkur 37C Slant arriving today that I'm really looking forward to testing with some Crystal blades.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I have enjoyed quite a few shaves with Feather blades. They don't work for my face in the more aggressive ATT razors, but not every blade/razor/face combination is a winner.

I have never had even a weeper with a Feather, but I have to admit they make me a little nervous and I'm always careful with one. The reason I don't purchase them in quantity is that my beard does not require a Feather - which only lasts two shaves (maybe three) for me. A PolSilver gives me the same BBS with more comfort and twice the longevity.

But all blades are YMMV. You have to try a bunch before you fall in love. If you fall in love with Feather you won't be alone.

I like Feathers too, but, going from a Feather, straight to a Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow, I have to say, I like the 7OC Yellow more. Just as sharp feeling, and smoother.

I love them. I get my closest, smoothest shaves with a Feather, but I reserve them for use in Slant razors.

Feathers are notorious for being a very finicky blade. They work great in some razors, and provide mediocre to disastrous results in others.

I like Feathers too, but, going from a Feather, straight to a Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow, I have to say, I like the 7OC Yellow more. Just as sharp feeling, and smoother.

So, the 7 o'clock Yellows are next in my pack of sample blades. Looking forward to trying them.

I love them. I get my closest, smoothest shaves with a Feather, but I reserve them for use in Slant razors.

Feathers are notorious for being a very finicky blade. They work great in some razors, and provide mediocre to disastrous results in others.

They definitely seem to do well in the R89. Definitely looking forward to trying them in the Slant.

I use feathers in my ATT S1, S2, M2 and my Gillette Tech, NEW LC and superspeeds, also in my EJ, Merkur 38C and Fatip Grande. I’m not saying that there aren’t other excellent blade choices out there, but for me personally there is no better blade choice.

I like the Feather blade(yellow pack) too. I've only tried it in 2 of my razors, the Merkur 34c and Fatip Piccolo. It's really good with the 34c, but a bit too aggressive for my taste with the Piccolo.

I like the Feather blade(yellow pack) too. I've only tried it in 2 of my razors, the Merkur 34c and Fatip Piccolo. It's really good with the 34c, but a bit too aggressive for my taste with the Piccolo.

It was the same for me with the Feather in my Fatip the first couple of times I tried it. I left my Fatip on the shelf for a while and then tried again with the Feather and it clicked. I just needed to wait until my technique had improved. :001_smile

I got bit by a Feather on my fourth DE shave every (too soon). Went back to it 2 weeks later when my Pre War Fat Handle Tech showed up. It's the perfect DE blade for me. I am learning straights now, but whenever I need to use the DE it is only with a Feather in it.

I recently got an R41 and instantly liked it
once I got comfortable with it, I switched from Astras to Feathers and now can't imagine a better combo

Top Bottom