What's new

Identify a Gillette?

Found this amongst boxes of left behinds. A Gillette marked "M" and "Gillette" on the left side, "3" and "ENGLAND" on the right. I think it's a Tech from third quarter of 1967. The adjustment nut is not heavily knurled, but has thin fine lines. The handle is plastic, black, and tapers to the bottom end.

I think it has little value, though an ebayer had a similar listed for US$25. I would pass it along to a newbie if it's shave worthy. Anyone gimme a clue?
$KIMG0300.jpg
$KIMG0301.jpg

For what it's worth, the Gillette Twist makes a good ladies razor. I bought my wife a Twist in an effort to convince her to move away from expensive women's cart razors (inevitably coloured pink but priced like platinum) and now she swears by it. Its light weight with a weight bias towards the head + a long slim grippy handle makes it good for holding "out" between thumb, index and middle fingers for leg shaving (rather than "up" for male face shaving). She's also quite happy to use up various DE blades I've purchased which have turned out not to suit my face (e.g. Sharks) so it's a win-win situation all round!

Humm. One of my girl friends asked if I could, would, or should shave near delicate Lady bits. My response included references to styptic pencils, bleeding in a manly way, and my need to gain proficiency with my shavette, and now a straight. I did pass her a puck of VDH. I think I shall gift her this unit. Thanks for sharing!

Top Bottom