What's new

Looking for a wood and metal shave stand

Hey everyone,

I've been searching around online with no luck. I'd like to find a shave stand that is made of chrome with wooden accents. I just bought an olive wood brush, and would like something to compliment it. All I can seem to find is a bunch of kits, where you can turn the wood yourself (I don't have a lathe). Anybody know where I can find something like this?

-Nick

My guess is you've already checked out West Coast Shaving, but they have some chrome/wood stands.

Good luck.

That's a beautiful stand. Nevermind the fact that it doesn't match your handle, that stand can stand on its own merits. Superb choice.

Please post back when you get it. I'm very interested to know if the build quality is there. I might have to get a similar one, myself.

they look lovely. im going to see if i can find something like that here in the uk. just as a matter of interest, would chrome start getting little rust spots after a while in a steamy bathroom?

The turnaround time is about two weeks, so I'll post some photos when I get it. I've had a cheap chrome stand that I ordered from China about two years ago, and it's just as shiny as the day I got it. I think it's plated in such a way that it doesn't have rust issues.

When I started shaving with a DE I bought a Weishi shave set that included a chrome stand. Had it a while now, still shines like new and has a decent weight to it. You can pick those up for 15-20 dollars off flea bay and they do a good job and look decent.

$IMG_3509.JPG

Here's the completed set (posted sideways for some reason) with my new shave stand. Brush is made of olive wood from Jerusalem, and stand is made of teak decking from the USS North Carolina

Top Bottom