What's new

Howdy!

Good afternoon!

I imagine that my story sounds a lot like the majority around here. I'm in my late thirties, and have shaved for about 20 years. I started out with a two blade cartridge and Gillette foam in a can. I used that setup for several years, and then moved to more blades and gel in a can. I made a few stops along the way to try out an electric, but wasn't satisfied with the sacrifice of comfort for convenience.

I joined DSC in January, beginning at the mid-range cart and their shave butter. I graduated up to their top of the line model, and wasn't really satisfied with the shave I got. But that started me down a path to actively searching for a better shave. I stumbled upon Art of Shaving, and got the starter kit full of Saddlewood supplies. I got the first really great shave in my many years of shaving.

One thing led to another, and I ended up browsing B&B, five new DE razors, five more brushes, 400 blades, roughly 20 different soaps and creams, and fifteen new aftershaves. I've been exclusively DE since April, and although I have learned a lot, I'm finding everyday that I have lots more to learn. Who knew that a mundane maintainence task could be more enjoyable by adding more work to it? What I used to do in two minutes takes more like thirty now!

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Sounds like you are well on your way with your shaving journey. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Welcome aboard B&B. That thirty minutes will shorten (if you want it to) after you have gained more experience and mastered your shaving technique. Practice and patience will pay off in better and better shaves.

Good luck.

David

welcome to B&B. I've learned a lot here which has improved my shaving experience and I hope you do too!

Similar story here... Now I shave in the evenings so I can really take my time and add a few more minutes of relaxation time.
Welcome and... looking at your list of gear, I've got some catching up to do.

Top Bottom