What's new

THE Cartridge Razor Thread

I've not seen a multi blade razor that has edges on more than one edge/side of the head.

Believe it or not, but Personna made one :lol:

$this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

That is one sweet looking handle.

My local shave shop carries these in stock in a number of handle materials.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I use my Sensor periodically, mainly for vacationing when bathroom space is THE constraint (e.g. on a cruise). But I am have been know to venture into other cartridge adventures.

I'm thinking about a redux on the linked thread as well, but not sure yet. One more day to decide. :tongue_sm

Single edge razors are razors that have a blade edge on one side of the head as opposed to a double edge that has a blade edge on both sides of the head

A razor with multiple single edge blades is still single edge.

I've not seen a multi blade razor that has edges on more than one edge/side of the head.

And here all this time I've thought that a single edge razor would be a razor with a single [shaving] edge.

Silly me. :blink:

--Bob

I must confess that threads here at B&B have made me curious about the Feathers cartridge system. They can be got on Big River, maybe I'll give them a go.

I greatly prefer the Gillette Guard over any other cart system.

It's right under the Gillette Tech on my favorite razors list. I use it regularly. I mix up between the Guard and the Tech.

Mind elaborating further on the virtues of the Gillette Guard? I'm a daily DE shaver now but trying to decide on a cartridge option for travel. Single blade is better for me because I'm prone to ingrown hairs, and I prefer a non-disposable. From what I've gathered, it looks like the Guard and Bump Fighter are the only two single-blade cartridge options currently available. So I'm now trying to decide between the two.

Edit: I just noticed an earlier post where you did already elaborate on it. So thank you and never mind. :001_smile

Last edited:
I think you answered your own question :thumbup1:

I've used many different carts in my life. Sensor, Mach 3, ProGlide, Fusion Ball thingy, Feather cart system, Bic disposables, even a ladies cart (Venus?) once or twice.....

The Guard crushes them IMO. And it's because of the simplistic design. It just works!

Couldn't stand it, just went on line and bought 2 razors with 21 replacements carts for $11.00 free shipping from India. Looking forward to trying them.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Mind elaborating further on the virtues of the Gillette Guard? I'm a daily DE shaver now but trying to decide on a cartridge option for travel. Single blade is better for me because I'm prone to ingrown hairs, and I prefer a non-disposable. From what I've gathered, it looks like the Guard and Bump Fighter are the only two single-blade cartridge options currently available. So I'm now trying to decide between the two.

Here's a review I did: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/411570-First-Impressions-by-Toothpick-Gillette-Guard

Here's a good article about the Guard: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-razor-forgetting-countrys-running-water.html

Gillette developed it specifically for the market in India. It has been a HUGE success over there.

It rinses incredibly easily. It has one blade and it kind of shaves like an injector. It's very light. And it's cheap!

Give me a can of Barbasol, the Guard and an aftershave splash and I can bust out a shave in under 5 minutes.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Couldn't stand it, just went on line and bought 2 razors with 21 replacements carts for $11.00 free shipping from India. Looking forward to trying them.

Which is a great deal! I get mine from the bay.

compared to 8 proglide carts at Walmart for 32 bucks.

Here's a review I did: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/411570-First-Impressions-by-Toothpick-Gillette-Guard

Here's a good article about the Guard: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-razor-forgetting-countrys-running-water.html

Gillette developed it specifically for the market in India. It has been a HUGE success over there.

It rinses incredibly easily. It has one blade and it kind of shaves like an injector. It's very light. And it's cheap!

Give me a can of Barbasol, the Guard and an aftershave splash and I can bust out a shave in under 5 minutes.

Thanks! I did come across that Daily Mail article earlier in my research. And I was very amused at how Gillette's earlier R&D failed to account for the running water situation. LOL. Sounds like the Guard may work well for me since my habit is to fill the sink and rinse by dipping the razor, even though I do have running water.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Thanks! I did come across that Daily Mail article earlier in my research. And I was very amused at how Gillette's earlier R&D failed to account for the running water situation. LOL. Sounds like the Guard may work well for me since my habit is to fill the sink and rinse by dipping the razor, even though I do have running water.

That's how I rinse all my razors while shaving.

What cart/system razor do you use and why do you enjoy the type/brand of cart razor you are shaving with?
Mostly I've been using a Schick Hydro lately. This week I mixed it up with a Sensor and a Wilkinson Trac II/Atra cart on a Bump Fighter handle. I like the cart, but I'm not thrilled with the handle. It doesn't hold carts well. I'll be ordering some Gillette handles off eBay this week to replace it.

I have a couple of those KoS razors, but it's been ages since I used one. I think they died a pretty quick death over here, at least I never see them in stores anymore.

I have a few that I bought last year on a whim. I shaved with one once and that was it because it tore my face up (maybe due to poor shaving angle?).

I have a few that I bought last year on a whim. I shaved with one once and that was it because it tore my face up (maybe due to poor shaving angle?).

I cant tell you how much I would like to try one of these. Before today I had never heard of them.

Top Bottom