What's new

Tiki "Grand Cru" Impression

I happened to be in Chicago yesterday, so I took advantage of the opportunity to go to Merz Apothecary (which I've been to before). I've been wanting to give Tiki soap another shot, especially the tallow version. I had tried one about a year-and-a-half ago, and wasn't really "wowed" by it. I can't remember the particular one, or if it was the tallow version or the vegan version, but it didn't leave that great an impression on me.

But I'm done "blind buying" soaps; I want to know what they smell like first, and was glad that I could actually check 'em out at Merz. They had about six of them, but the Grand Cru is what blew me away from just opening the lid! So I used it last night with a DE (at the hotel) and it smells like grape soda, or grape bubble gum, or grape hard candy - it's grape!! And it's robust - which is what I like - I prefer heavily scented soaps, and this one has it - the scent is strong throughout the entire shave, and even lingers a bit post shave - it's dynamite! And the performance is outstanding as well. It's easy to lather, and it's got that "yogurt-like" consistency, rather than an airy "merangue-like" consistency, which means it's slick, slick, slick! I used it again tonight, this time with a straight, and it was just as incredible as last night.

I don't usually get this fired up after using a soap only a couple of times, but having tried almost 200, I can say that I love this one already!

$DSC_0107 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom