What's new

What is your "go to" soap after getting a bad shave?

Every once in a while I try something different - a new soap, cream, blade - and pay the price for it. Terrible shave, razor burn, etc. It takes me a couple of days to recover but since I need to shave every day for work, I use either Proraso red or a Stirling soap as my "recovery" soap.

Anyone else have this experience and if so, what's your go-to recovery soap?

Captain

my go to soap would be stirling I know when I use that soap I will get great results with no irritation ill especially use it when I am trying different blades that way if I do get some irritation I can either blame technic or the blades but I know for sure it wasn't the soaps fault

I have recently been using Tabula Rasa Cardamom on Mondays but after a bad shave if I can't take the day off then I go for the Tabula Rasa. It just feel very creamy and rich on my face...almost nourishing.

If I have a bad shave when using a new soap or cream, I don't use it again. If I have a bad shave with a soap / cream that usually works for me, I don't blame the soap/cream. Either there was something else new or my technique slipped.

Let it grow out some if you can. 3-4 days works for me, then use a combination that is proven. Stirling Soap is a good place to start, I find it excellent.

That would be barrister & mann Unscented or mike's natural soap Unscented. Almost impossible to not get a great shave with those 2.

I like to use MWF if my face is feeling a bit rough. The lanolin seems to have a healing effect. Finish it off with Cade balm and I'm on the road to recovery.

Top Bottom