What's new

My Very First PIF For Those who want to try Straight Razor Shaving

As the title says, this is my very first PIF here. With everything this community has done for me I have wanted for some time to give something back and Now I Can:w00t:

So Here is the Specifics:

1: There will be Two Winners
2: You must Not already own a Straight Razor,( You Can Have a Shavette Those do not count as a Straight Razor for this PIF. ) but want to try one and have a U.S. Address to send it to.
3: If you meet the criteria for #2 Just post "I'm In" and state "Red" or "Black" to indicate which razor you would like.
4: I hate having to do this but at the moment I must confine this to U.S. Addresses Only.
5: This PIF will run for Two Weeks from Today, (September 11th is Drawing Day) when I will randomly choose the two winners and PM them for their Addresses and announce them here.

And Now to what you will receive:

One of these Two Packages:

Package One: Red Mottled Scales Hashir Razor Honed and stropped and ready to be shaved with and a brand new 2.5 oz. puck of VDH Deluxe Shave Soap.

$20150828_190519-1.jpg

Package Number Two: Black Scales Hashir Razor Honed and stropped and ready to be shaved with and a brand new 2.5 oz. puck of VDH Deluxe Shave Soap.

$20150828_190438-1.jpg

Best of luck to everyone and let's get this started my Friends:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I have my "Little Green Navy Wheel Book" to log all entries in in order to keep track of every single entry and which color they prefer so it will be a very fast turn around time between the end and when I announce the winners:thumbup1:

Want to Add my Honing/Stropping Progression on these:

1st: 1K King Water Stone 60 Laps Each
2nd: 6K King Water Stone 60 Laps Each
3rd: 12K Guangxi Slate Stone with Water 100 Laps Each
4th: Cream Colored Hard Arkansas Oil Stone with Smith's Honing Oil 200 Laps Each
5th: Black Hard Arkansas Oil Stone with Smith's Honing Oil 400 Laps Each
6th: Black Duck Cloth canvas Strop I made myself sprayed with 50K Diamond Spray 100 Laps Each
7th: Black Duck Cloth canvas Strop I made myself sprayed with 200K Diamond Spray 100 Laps Each
8th: My Hashir Canvas/Leather Strop 50 Laps on Canvas and 100 Laps on Leather each.

That is the progression I used to get these razors quite ready to mow through some whiskers.

These are Insanely sharp so Winners: Be VERY VERY careful to mind your technique when using them and please do a good amount of research,( both reading and videos ), to make sure you go in with a good amount of knowledge as Straight Razors can and will BITE HARD if misused.

Yes there is a Reason the drawing will be on September 11th. I lost a great Friend, Mentor and Shipmate that Day in the Pentagon. I feel that although a Tragic amount of Life was taken from all of us that day, it somehow eases the pain,(at least for me), when I give something back on the Anniversary Of That Fateful Day.

Last edited:
Not in, but very cool of ya to do this!

Thank you Benjamin, it is an absolutely EPIC feeling to be able to do something like this. This community is so classy and without parallel the kindest and most generous online community I have ever seen. I feel wonderfully privileged to be a part of it. It is an Honor to be able to give back even if it is not much.

Great PIF! Not in but there is going to be some happy campers.

I sure hope so my Friend, I have put almost a month of work into these two razors to make them truly EPIC Shavers. We all know that ordering one of these razors is a crap shoot because they unerringly come NOT shave ready and most are extremely difficult if not impossible to hone properly. One of the three I got had to be pitched completely because no matter what I did it would not take an edge. It was warped beyond belief and the spine was way off center as if the hollow grind had been done by a drunkard on a binge.

These two have taken an amazing edge, although not completely beautiful, they are definitely very smooth operators when it comes to Whisker Whacking:tongue_sm

I just want a couple folks on the fence about Straight Razors to pick the side of giving it a shot by offering up a razor to entice them into taking the leap without breaking the bank :001_smile

I respectfully withdrawal my entry as I have just purchased a strait. Not brand new, but with all the help of this forum I believe honing and restoring is right up my alley. Thanks for such a great PIF!

Last edited:
Not in... But this is fantastic for a new shaver. I have a few friends that I am trying to convert and have shown interest is using a straight. I may have to get them over here.

Great PIF Nate, Not in

Thank you Very Much my Friend, been working on this for a while now:001_smile

Not in, I'm still scared of shaving my head with a straight, but great pif.

Hehehe Time to get adventurous :w00t: But honestly, I do not blame you in the least, I would be scared to try that too.

Not in - but very cool PIF!
Thank you Karl, Just spreading the love of wet shaving and the Amazing Camaraderie of the community here at B&B

NOT in, but very nice PIF Nate.

Thank you very much my Friend, this is the one I have been trying to get ready for about a month or so now.

Not in... But this is fantastic for a new shaver. I have a few friends that I am trying to convert and have shown interest is using a straight. I may have to get them over here.

That would be great, and exactly the kind of folks this is for :thumbup:

Good Morning B&B!! I have written down the entries from overnight and this morning and ready for more so If you don't have a straight and want to give one a try "C'Mon Down!!" :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Top Bottom