What's new

My Very First PIF For Those who want to try Straight Razor Shaving

I'm in for the Red Hashir. I've been looking into straights, but I'm totally lost about what to buy. This would be a great way to get started. Thanks for making the PIF available.

Outstanding!!! Got everyone's entries logged up to this point now and just got finished with a complete touch up on both razors to ensure a fresh Honing/Stropping session leaving the edges untouched by human Face :w00t:

And Here They Are All Honed up and Ready to go to their New Homes:

Progression:
1st: 1K King Water Stone 60 Laps Each
2nd: 6K King Water Stone 60 Laps Each
3rd: 12K Guangxi Slate Stone with Water 100 Laps Each
4th: Cream Colored Hard Arkansas Oil Stone with Smith's Honing Oil 200 Laps Each
5th: Black Hard Arkansas Oil Stone with Smith's Honing Oil 400 Laps Each
6th: Black Duck Cloth canvas Strop I made myself sprayed with 50K Diamond Spray 100 Laps Each
7th: Black Duck Cloth canvas Strop I made myself sprayed with 200K Diamond Spray 100 Laps Each
8th: My Hashir Canvas/Leather Strop 50 Laps on Canvas and 100 Laps on Leather each.

View attachment 597177

Awesome pif. I've used a shavette before but never a straight, so if I'm allowed, I'm in. Red.(to hide the blood lol)

If I can still I will Update the OP because YES even if you have used a shavette you CAN enter. I am going to go and try and do that now. I do not count Shavette's as Straights although they too are amazing shavers with the right technique and right blade.

Top Bottom