What's new

My favorite watch: Christopher Ward C9 GT40

I've loved watches all my life, and I'm fortunate enough to own my "grail" watch, an Omega Railmaster.

My daily wearing watches are made by Christopher Ward, very well made, good specs, nice designs, fantastic value for money.

Every once in a while they produce some limited edition pieces, and their latest is by far my favorite. Each of the 40 being made has a piece of a Lemans winning GT40 incorporated into it. Unfortunately a new watch is not in the budget for me right now, which is painful given how much I love this watch. I thought I'd just share my pain a little:

http://www.christopherward.co.uk/wa...+–+The+New+C9+GT40+UK&utm_campaign=28/08/2015

$c9-43-gto-skrk_1_nf.jpg$c9-43-gto-skrk_4.jpg$c9-43-gto-skrk_2.jpg$c9-43-gto-skrk_3.jpg

If you don't mind me asking how much are the Christopher Ward Watches? Where can they be found in the U.S. (Texas). I am in need of a new watch. I have worn my invicta watch for ever, and would like a new piece. Is it worth getting a swiss timepiece? If so what do you recommend?

These are three watches I have been looking at, but not sure which is a good fit for me, burburry, nixon, fossil etc..

I would graciously appreciate your help.

Best,
Jerry

Attachments

• $IMG_3093.jpg
    $IMG_3093.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 113
  • $IMG_3094.jpg
    $IMG_3094.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 114
  • $IMG_3095.jpg
    $IMG_3095.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 114
If you don't mind me asking how much are the Christopher Ward Watches? Where can they be found in the U.S. (Texas). I am in need of a new watch. I have worn my invicta watch for ever, and would like a new piece. Is it worth getting a swiss timepiece? If so what do you recommend?

These are three watches I have been looking at, but not sure which is a good fit for me, burburry, nixon, fossil etc..

I would graciously appreciate your help.

Best,
Jerry

Hello Jerry

As mentioned above, Christopher Ward only sells direct to customers, it's one of the ways they manage to keep prices on their automatic watches low. They have a 60 day return period should you not get along with the watch.

This may sounds snobby, but the CW watches are a good step up from "fashion" watches like Fossil, Nixon, Invicta, etc.

You will have to up your budget to the $400-$500 range to get a CW Swiss quartz movement, or into the $900 range to start for one of their very nice automatics. They have sales on sometimes with much cheaper prices, usually when they bring out a new model in order to sell off stock on the one it is replacing. I have 2 CW watches, my wife has 2 as well. Having been a casual collector and admirer or fine timepieces, it's just my humble opinion that CW watches would be worth about 2x their retail price if they had another brand name on them. They are very well built for the price.

I'll be honest, while Swiss made quartz watches are very nice, Japanese quartz movements are just as good if not better. I used to use a Seiko every day and it was a great watch.

Watch collecting can be an expensive pastime, and it can also be a decent long term investment. My advise, and this is just my humble opinion, buy a watch you really like but also fits into your budget. I've seen friends buy silly expensive watches they couldn't afford, and I've had friends buy horrible fake watches too.

If you like a Seiko, buy a Seiko, they will be a reliable companion for years to come.

Whoa, that Ward is HOT. I'm not even generally a fan of race theme's (unless it's a Gulf Monaco), but that's awesome.

Like it a lot, but I like a lot of watches that are several thousand dollars.

With that said, some of the cheaper Ward watches still look very nice.

Top Bottom