What's new

I've cracked the code. I know how to ensure every traffic light will be green.

When approaching a traffic light with a pipe that has gone out and manual windows fully open, the traffic light is guaranteed to be green. If the pipe is still not lit on arrival at the next light, the next one will also be green. I can cruise straight through as long as I want to (but can't) light the pipe. This pattern has been repeating for me all week.

On the other hand, with the passenger window closed and driver window only cracked and the pipe staying lit, I've got the usual odds of getting a red light.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have found a way to guarantee I will get stopped at every traffic light- leave for work 10 minutes later than I normally do. Maybe the next time I am running late I will bring a pipe.

When approaching a traffic light with a pipe that has gone out and manual windows fully open, the traffic light is guaranteed to be green. If the pipe is still not lit on arrival at the next light, the next one will also be green. I can cruise straight through as long as I want to (but can't) light the pipe. This pattern has been repeating for me all week.

On the other hand, with the passenger window closed and driver window only cracked and the pipe staying lit, I've got the usual odds of getting a red light.

I've noticed this too...LOL! :laugh:

Or you could live on the edge and use your knee to steer. I know. It isn't exactly safe or a best practice. But damn it, I need to get it lit!

It's not about steering, it's about wind. Rolling up that passenger side window while driving is difficult and far more dangerous than steering with a knee. At a stop, I can just light it with the windows open.

Top Bottom