What's new

Italian pipe maker

Gents,

thanks to Wildwest I am now thinking of getting back into pipe smoking. I'll be living in Italy for about 6 more months and I'd like to go home with a nice Italian pipe. Any suggestions?

Not to mention Ascorti, Caminetto, Castello, Cavicci, Moretti, Savinelli.....should I keep going? lol

Actually, if you can find a Paulo Becker on the Italian economy, you might find a treasure! Since his recent demise, his pipes have been highly sought after. Of course, they were highly sought after before his death.

Last edited:

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Two of my favorites are Viprati and Rinaldo. Lots of others that are great too!

Gents,

thanks to Wildwest I am now thinking of getting back into pipe smoking. I'll be living in Italy for about 6 more months and I'd like to go home with a nice Italian pipe. Any suggestions?

Have you checked out any of the hand made pipes that they bring in to the main walkway at the Nex on Support Site? They were there just a few weeks ago.

In Rome, within a block of Trevi Fountain, there is the workshop of Becker. Paola just passed away a few months ago, but his son Fredrico, is continuing to carve pipes. Down a different street from Trevi, is the shop of Becker Musico, also outstanding pipes.
Few blocks away is the shop of, Novelli, pipes and fountain pens
there is no end of ways to spend your money.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I've always been a huge fan of Savinelli and Moretti. They are well made and can be very reasonably priced for the quality.

bsimon, lots of great Italian carvers and brands. In Rome as mentioned there is Becker's workshop and the Novelli Shop is a must see. In Pesaro you'll find a number of excellent carvers. Ser Jacopo, Mastro De Paja, Le Nuvole etc. I suppose much depends on where you'll be located. If you have time go to the Novelli Shop and speak with Marco for suggestions. If you're North in Milan, check out Luca at Neat Pipes. Now if you want to meet one of the nicest pipe carvers alive today, get to Bologna and visit Alberto Bonfiglioli.

Anyone tried Mastro Beraldi
I have. Well made, good fit & finish, smokes great and gets compliments - and a good bit cheaper than some of the primo marques mentioned already. I'm a fan of the Italian design aesthetic, and have about six or seven from different lines. The Radice & the L'Anatra are my two favorites, but my little Mastro Beraldi holds its own.

Top Bottom