What's new

If Epcot featured shaving products.

Last week, my family visited Walt Disneyworld and we spent some time at Epcot. I enjoyed "visiting" the 11 countries of Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, Italy, the United States, Japan, Morocco, France, United Kingdom and Canada.

Each country had some interesting cultural information, rides, and/or movies, and they all featured foods and products specific to that country. This got me to thinking about all the great shaving products that are out there, but there were a few countries where I'm drawing a blank.

Any shave products for these countries worth noting?
  • Mexico
  • Norway
  • China
  • Morocco
  • Canada

The countries below have one or more great products. I'm sure I overlooked a bunch of good hardware and software items, but I tossed out a few suggestions.
  • Germany - Tabac, Speick, Shavemac, Merkur, etc.
  • Italy - Cella, Proraso, Aqua Di Palma, Boellis, etc.
  • United States - Mystic Waters, Wet Shave Products, Stirling, Saint Charles Shave, Mike's, etc.
  • Japan - Feather (razors and blades), Valcan afteshave, etc.
  • France - MdC, PdP, LpL, Plisson, etc.
  • United Kingdom - ToBS, DR Harris, Edwin Jagger, Simpson's, etc.

Ha Ha - I was at Epcot last Friday and thought the exact same thing!

As I walked through Great Britain, I thought how great it would be to see some Simpson brushes and D.R. Harris products, how France would have been awesome with some Martin de Candre and how the only thing that was missing from the extensive Acqua di Parma display was their shaving cream. By the time I hit Germany, I was focused on the Biergarten......

So if there are two of us thinking that - we can extrapolate that into tens of people who are like minded.

We could start a whole new wet shaving revolution if we could get the Disney folks on board!

I did see one badger brush of some kind in Italy and a cartridge razor, but there are so many more possibilities!

Canada made a great version of the Schick Type E Injector razor. They are no longer made, but occur frequently on eBay and etsy. They can be identified by the words "patent 1937" and "Canada" on the underside of the head. They are a little more aggressive than the U.S. made Type Es. Frasers shaving cream and Soapy Bathman shaving soap are also made in Canada.

The AV Sport out of Canada would be great. I will be working for a month in Montreal starting end of September and my yearly restraint will be tempted if I see the Sport in a pharmacy!

Weren't Fitjar creams made in Norway?
Such a shame they were forced out of business, strangled to death by EU regulations.

China has the Weishi razors and many other brands of knock-offs and clones.
And let's not forget that just about every badger knot in modern brushes comes from there also.

Last edited:
The AV Sport out of Canada would be great. I will be working for a month in Montreal starting end of September and my yearly restraint will be tempted if I see the Sport in a pharmacy!
You should have no problem finding it here. Most Walmarts carry it as well. Not sure if you buy it in Montreal it might have a french language label.

Top Bottom