What's new

Lilac Vegetal - Revisited

I tried the Veg a couple times before, I think they were both pif samples. I was not chosen. As much as I wanted to like it, I just couldn't do it. Apparently, some people smell a feline-inspired odor and those that are chosen don't. I was not chosen. I smelled like the cat-lady's house and I had to wash it off.

A few days ago I was ordering my wife's birthday present from Amazon. The order broke $25 so I looked for all the "add-in" items I had flagged and one of them was the veg. I threw it in the cart. One more chance, one more try. It arrived a couple days later (love Prime) and it smelled great. Great in the bottle, great on my hands (the bottle arrived cracked and leaking), and great on my neck and face.

This morning I shaved and bathed in the stuff. I'm really enjoying it. I especially like the way that later in the day I will catch the occasional waft when I'm not expecting it, much like Clubman. I'm glad I gave it another shot. I'm also proud to be CHOSEN!

Moral of the story: If you weren't chosen and it has been a couple years, give it another shot. The Veg's choosings aren't written in stone.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I've got some decanting in a half-full glass bottle ... there must be something to it (sigh).

The other Pinauds tend to greatness ... especially Special Reserve and of course Clubman.

Which reminds me; need to add glycerin to some Lime Sec and see if that improves its loiter time.

AA

I tried three times. Even after decanting into a glass bottle for a couple months, I was still not chosen.

I'm glad it is working for you though!

Lilac Vegetal is one of my favorite aftershave splashes. The alcohol burn is great and I love the barbershop scent. The scent reminds me of my childhood, because the barber always put some Veg behind my ears.

I was not chosen. I first got eau de gateau urinoir. Now I detect eau de pis de chat. I'll keep courting. Maybe I'll grow to like it. I love the way it feels, but not the smell.

So, I gave the Veg a chance this morning. Got the initial wet diaper smell. That faded and I'm not sure how it smells. Like a skunk who can't smell his own hole, I can't smell my own aftershave. Put some on my wrist and keep smelling it, but I've gone nose blind.

Regardless, I'm at work. If I'm not chosen, perhaps people will stay out of my office.

Weird. The last time I tried it I hated it and the wife didn't mind it. Now, I love it and the wife can't stand it. I'll just have to wear it on work days when she won't have to smell it. :Veg:

Took me months to be chosen but it finally came, I am really enjoying it especially after decanting into glass.

I tried the Veg a couple times before, I think they were both pif samples. I was not chosen. As much as I wanted to like it, I just couldn't do it. Apparently, some people smell a feline-inspired odor and those that are chosen don't. I was not chosen. I smelled like the cat-lady's house and I had to wash it off.

A few days ago I was ordering my wife's birthday present from Amazon. The order broke $25 so I looked for all the "add-in" items I had flagged and one of them was the veg. I threw it in the cart. One more chance, one more try. It arrived a couple days later (love Prime) and it smelled great. Great in the bottle, great on my hands (the bottle arrived cracked and leaking), and great on my neck and face.

This morning I shaved and bathed in the stuff. I'm really enjoying it. I especially like the way that later in the day I will catch the occasional waft when I'm not expecting it, much like Clubman. I'm glad I gave it another shot. I'm also proud to be CHOSEN!

Moral of the story: If you weren't chosen and it has been a couple years, give it another shot. The Veg's choosings aren't written in stone.

I think your experience is typical. At least I can relate to it. I bought a bottle, smelled it, and PU! Then, probably months later, I gave it another shot and liked it.

I dug around and found the thread from the last time I tried it. It was 2011. So four years later, it seems to smell totally different.

Top Bottom