What's new

Brown Leaf Generosity

Late last year, a fellow Brown Leafer Pete (PGrevie) found 6 pipes and an almost full tin of Heine's Blend that was dated 1954. These belonged to his grandfather and needed some advice. I, and others offered advice and the whole thing can be found here.

Once Pete got his smoking technique dialed in, he tried the blend and loved it. Since he found my advice helpful he offered to send a sample to me. How could I say no? He also sent two hand made shaving soaps (which smell awesome), some tea (had some tonight after dinner), some Riley's Beef Jerky which is almost gone now, and a tea infuser. He also sent me some current Heine's Blend made my Sutliff. Here is what he sent.

$102.jpg

He was kind enough to label the tea so I wouldn't smoke it! Hell, it tasted so good as tea, I still might!

Pete, I can't thank you enough for your generosity. The Heine's Blend was awesome. I used it as my inaugural smoke for my 2015 B&B BL LE Bengal Pipe.

$104.jpg

It was nutty, spicy, and sweet at times. Clearly the age has done this tobacco some wonderful things. I haven't tried the current iteration of Heine's yet. But I look forward to comparing them.

Pete is a Brown Leafer that is the epitome of what being a member of Badger & Blade and a member of the Brown Leaf is all about. I can't wait for tomorrow's shave!

What makes a fellow Brown Leafer so amazing is offering advice to someone in need. Without help I wouldn't be able to enjoy something that my grandfather also enjoyed; from the same can. I don't think I would have thrown it away, but it would still be a dried out mess in a dusty old tin. I'm continually blown away by the generosity on B&B as a whole and especially in the leaf. Thank you for making this place so great.

I've been nothing but overwhelmed by the generosity here. It really has helped me get perspective on everyday life and helping others. Seems strange to say but it's true. The BL crew are fine folk indeed.

Top Bottom