What's new

Voskhod prone to rusting?

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
Is this me or Voskhod blades are a bit more prone to develop rust issues than other blades?

My wife keeps them in her razor in the shower, and its wet several times a day, for about three weeks, before the rust forms. But the rust is inside, not on the edges. Just very light rust. Probably because they dry out faster on the edges.

I notice some discolouration on most blades after use...it is probably as much the soap buildup as it is oxidization. Even stainless blades will do this. I don't think it affects the performance. The edges generally continue to look keen and shiny. The only thing I do after a shave is rinse and wipe the razor dry. I might also blow or dab dry the blade with a tissue - works fine for me.

Last edited:
Well Houston is a humid area, and things dry slowly here. And it is rust. Very light, where the door touches the blade. I looked at hers tonight. It's been in almost a month.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I've not had any rust on a Voshkod, but I've never left one in a razor for more than a few days (maybe as much as a week).

I've seen "rust" in all my stainless razors. That includes Ikon, ATT, and Weber. Never have I seen it in a nickel chrome or rhodium razor. While technically rust you have to remember stainless steel is stain-"less", not proof.

It's never impeded the function of a razor and when the buildup gets large I spray it with WD40, let it soak, and then spray it with scrubbing bubbles and it comes right off.

Top Bottom